Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jackson-Wilson MVP battle; Ravens front office's role

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...ebate-rages-on

Good article on why each QB could be MVP. Also Ravens' front office's tremendous ability to pick up talent in lower draft rounds and off the street.

Re: Jackson-Wilson MVP battle; Ravens front office's role

Quote Originally Posted by mikezpen View Post

Good article on why each QB could be MVP. Also Ravens' front office's tremendous ability to pick up talent in lower draft rounds and off the street.
    I love Russell Wilson, I really do, but the MVP race isn't even close in my opinion. Lamar has been the best QB from the pocket and is on pace to break the all-time rushing record. They are only having a debate at this point just for having a talking point.

There are 4 games left. A lot can change but Lamar is definitely MVP. Not close to me.

If the info in this tweet becomes a big talking point when this debate heats up in the next few weeks, I don't know how Lamar doesn't win it.

Big Truss Banks@BarstoolBanksDec 3

Lamar Jackson has 32 TD's (25 passing, 7 rushing) on 95 offensive drives this season.

Russell Wilson has 29 TD's (26 passing, 3 rushing) on 191 drives.

LAMAR JACKSON IS DOING MORE THAN RUSSELL WILSON IN LESS THAN HALF THE OPPPORTUNITIES, THIS MVP "DEBATE" ISN'T EVEN CLOSE

I think Wilson's best shot is that voters give him sort of the "lifetime achievement" vote on top of his great season.

back when he was leading the league in TDs and TD/Int ratio I could see Wilson winning it, but since then he's lost the TD lead, his TD/Int rate isn't as phenomenal (still very good). The real thing is that for the next 4 weeks, every week Lamar Jackson steps onto the field, he's going to either break or extend records. Most QB rush yards in a season. most 100yd games for a QB in a season. first QB with X yards passing and Y yards rushing in a season. on and on. what records is Wilson breaking?

It's so close, I think the MVP could go to the QB whose team goes the farthest in postseason.

It's so close, I think the MVP could go to the QB whose team goes the farthest in postseason.
    Voting for all the in-season awards happens at the end of the regular season.

(I guess, otherwise, the playoffs would have too much influence on that vote.)

Quote Originally Posted by Matchstick View Post
    If the info in this tweet becomes a big talking point when this debate heats up in the next few weeks, I don't know how Lamar doesn't win it.

Lamar Jackson has 32 TD's (25 passing, 7 rushing) on 95 offensive drives this season.

LAMAR JACKSON IS DOING MORE THAN RUSSELL WILSON IN LESS THAN HALF THE OPPPORTUNITIES, THIS MVP "DEBATE" ISN'T EVEN CLOSE

I think Wilson's best shot is that voters give him sort of the "lifetime achievement" vote on top of his great season.
    Boom

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Just win Sunday.

Voting for all the in-season awards happen at the end of the regular season.

(I guess, otherwise, the playoffs would have too much influence on that vote.)
    Yea, otherwise Flacco would have received some consideration for that historic playoff run he went on.

How long have you been a ravens fan?

That has to be a misprint...

That is just an absolutely ridiculous offensive efficiency stat. I guess Lamar would have more drives if the Ravens offense didn't possess the ball for so damn long