Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 143
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    14,532

    Re: House to impeach President Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Youíre underestimating the ability of republicans to screw things up
    Great point





  2. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    774

    Re: House to impeach President Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    You’re underestimating the ability of republicans to screw things up
    This is a fair point. So long as we have Romney, anything is possible in the world of self-destruction. Romney is just a ticking ego-timebomb waiting to go off at any moment to implode any Republican momentum. I'm almost at the point of thinking he is a Democrat plant in the GOP.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead





  3. #15

    Re: House to impeach President Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    This is a fair point. So long as we have Romney, anything is possible in the world of self-destruction. Romney is just a ticking ego-timebomb waiting to go off at any moment to implode any Republican momentum. I'm almost at the point of thinking he is a Democrat plant in the GOP.
    The people of Utah knew full well what they were getting when they voted for him. No secret there.





  4. #16

    Re: House to impeach President Trump

    2/3 of Senate must vote to remove impeached president. Won't come close. In fact, I think Dem Senators realize that and will vote against it to save their hides come November.





  5. #17

    Re: House to impeach President Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by mikezpen View Post
    2/3 of Senate must vote to remove impeached president. Won't come close. In fact, I think Dem Senators realize that and will vote against it to save their hides come November.
    Not all Senators are up for re-election. But, all House members are.





  6. #18

    Re: House to impeach President Trump

    There are 12 dem senators up for re election. Only two of them were in a close race last time.
    You may get a couple of stray votes, but the vast majority of dems will vote guilty. Even if they don’t think so, the party will make them





  7. #19

    Re: House to impeach President Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    This is a fair point. So long as we have Romney, anything is possible in the world of self-destruction. Romney is just a ticking ego-timebomb waiting to go off at any moment to implode any Republican momentum. I'm almost at the point of thinking he is a Democrat plant in the GOP.
    Honestly, probably nothing of significance will be done with the ig report and the other upcoming probe. You are going to have bureaucrats defending bureaucrats, which is going to piss off some republican leaning voters too.





  8. #20

    Re: House to impeach President Trump

    Pelosi says the impeachment is not about Ukrane, it's about Russia. So the past couple weeks was a waste of time and now its back to Russia Russia Russia? Is she trying to protect the Bidens and whoever else was involved in their quid pro quo?





  9. #21

    Re: House to impeach President Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Is she trying to protect the Bidens and whoever else was involved in their quid pro quo?
    Yes





  10. #22

    Re: House to impeach President Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Pelosi says the impeachment is not about Ukrane, it's about Russia. So the past couple weeks was a waste of time and now its back to Russia Russia Russia? Is she trying to protect the Bidens and whoever else was involved in their quid pro quo?
    She probably thinks she can push the obstruction angle on Russia more. The dems totally didnít expect trump to release the Ukraine transcript, so they canít really push an obstruction angle there. I expect them to push trump obstructed by having his administration reject the requests to appear before Congress. With the help of the their media accomplices, they can fool some people with that narrative





  11. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    774

    Re: House to impeach President Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    She probably thinks she can push the obstruction angle on Russia more. The dems totally didn’t expect trump to release the Ukraine transcript, so they can’t really push an obstruction angle there. I expect them to push trump obstructed by having his administration reject the requests to appear before Congress. With the help of the their media accomplices, they can fool some people with that narrative
    Even still... that isn't really obstructing since every president has done this exact same thing. It is an executive priveledge, we've been told, since Kennedy. So all you would have to do is bring up every instance of that happening since the 50's, and that gets thrown out. Hell... all you'd have to do is show the lineup of people Obama did that with. While the media and DNC would push that narrative, it would still come out during the impeachment trial.

    This was originally intended to be Ukraine until Trump released that transcript... that really screwed the Dems. They are going to try to resurrect the Russia thing since it polled the best.... that is literally all they have left. Don't worry... Collins, Murkowski, and Romney will be the soft-underbelly of the GOP and get on CNN lending these absurd claims some credence so they can get pat on the head and a treat from CNN and MSNBC.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead





  12. #24

    Re: House to impeach President Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Even still... that isn't really obstructing since every president has done this exact same thing. It is an executive priveledge, we've been told, since Kennedy. So all you would have to do is bring up every instance of that happening since the 50's, and that gets thrown out. Hell... all you'd have to do is show the lineup of people Obama did that with. While the media and DNC would push that narrative, it would still come out during the impeachment trial.

    This was originally intended to be Ukraine until Trump released that transcript... that really screwed the Dems. They are going to try to resurrect the Russia thing since it polled the best.... that is literally all they have left. Don't worry... Collins, Murkowski, and Romney will be the soft-underbelly of the GOP and get on CNN lending these absurd claims some credence so they can get pat on the head and a treat from CNN and MSNBC.
    Nancy really screwed some of her clan. She pushed this impeachment so hard, that bits like AOC got elected. Then Nancy couldnít really turn back. She had the ankle bitters pushing for things they didnít understand (anyone notice that AOC and the Arab up north have been MIA).

    So they tried to make up the Russia story and it backfired. Then they tried the Ukraine scam. And that backfired when trump released the Transcript. Nancy really has no other option. If she pulled the plug, her voters would have lost it.

    This was the easiest way out for her. She will probably lose a few in the 2020 election. But I am guessing that she feels this was the best chance to keep her power.

    Gop will pick up seats. Trump will win on 2020. The only question, Will the gop pick up enough to get power again.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site