Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Just when you thought you'd heard it all....

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoj View Post
    I don't like it because it discredits Lamar and that happens to him enough. He's good at ball fakes because he practices it and is a high IQ football player. Every other QB has the opportunity to wear dark colored sleeves if they choose but they're not running our offense because they don't have the ability to do it!

I was disappointed in r/nfl to see that they thought this was a non issue. But I digress.
    First mistake was going to r/nfl for a consensus football take. When it comes to anything besides jokes, that place is the worst lol. Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    First mistake was going to r/nfl for a consensus football take. When it comes to anything besides jokes, that place is the worst lol. Just my opinion though.
    You're definitely right about that.

I was forced to listen to the 49ers broadcast on Sunday on sirius and had to listen to this guy. It was AWFUL. I was desperately trying to find the Gerry Sandusky broadcast but jad to settle. This guy is a fool

This is a good opportunity to point out this is a case of bigotry, not racism.

Not that it changes any of the results, but I like to point out people use the term "racist" when they should use "bigot".

It's neither. It's a freaking description. Lamar had dark skin. It's a fact. So if someone says that a person's white skin blends in the snow, that's a description not racist nor bigoted. Oy. Liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoj View Post
    I don't like it because it discredits Lamar and that happens to him enough. He's good at ball fakes because he practices it and is a high IQ football player. Every other QB has the opportunity to wear dark colored sleeves if they choose but they're not running our offense because they don't have the ability to do it!

I was disappointed in r/nfl to see that they thought this was a non issue. But I digress.
    I didn’t see his comments that way.

He is a broadcaster for a tram that (just two weeks ago) was the beat ever. Now they have lost twice. In my opinion, he was trying to justify the loss.

Dark ball, hard to see.

I doubt it was racially motivated, considering most of the 49ers are dark skinned.

So he was singling out Lamar.

He never said anything negative about lamars play. Or his talent or speed.

I think the wet conditions were a bigger factor than lamars black jersey. I seriously doubt any RB would get those numbers against the ravens D if the ground wasn’t so slippery

7. Re: Just when you thought you'd heard it all....

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I didn’t see his comments that way.

He is a broadcaster for a tram that (just two weeks ago) was the beat ever. Now they have lost twice. In my opinion, he was trying to justify the loss.

Dark ball, hard to see.

I doubt it was racially motivated, considering most of the 49ers are dark skinned.

So he was singling out Lamar.

He never said anything negative about lamars play. Or his talent or speed.

I think the wet conditions were a bigger factor than lamars black jersey. I seriously doubt any RB would get those numbers against the ravens D if the ground wasn’t so slippery
    I doubt it was racially motivated, either. However, it certainly was, in the least, a stupid and yes, bigoted thing to say. I just couldn't believe a person would say something so insanely stupid.
    Also, I'm not sure why a thread like this got moved, but I guess someone said something perceived as wrong by somebody. Gotta love it.

This was truly the most idiotic take on this. Peyton Manning was known for YEARS to have one of the best sold fake-handoffs in the NFL... now look at Manning, and tell me if you think he's anything but the whitest person on Earth. Lamar works on selling the handoff. So many QB's don't do that, and I've never understood why. Remember Trent Green? From the Chiefs? That guy might have been one of the WORST at faking handoffs... sometimes he wasn't even within 3 feet of the RB.

I honestly don't know why this guy said something so stupid. It was baffling.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

9. Re: Just when you thought you'd heard it all....

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    This was truly the most idiotic take on this. Peyton Manning was known for YEARS to have one of the best sold fake-handoffs in the NFL... now look at Manning, and tell me if you think he's anything but the whitest person on Earth. Lamar works on selling the handoff. So many QB's don't do that, and I've never understood why. Remember Trent Green? From the Chiefs? That guy might have been one of the WORST at faking handoffs... sometimes he wasn't even within 3 feet of the RB.

I honestly don't know why this guy said something so stupid. It was baffling.
    That's pretty much my take on it.

Blog Entries

The issue here isn't so much the comment as it is how often this sort of comparison is NOT used, in situations where it could be. A baseball and a pitcher. A football and a Browns uniform. A Basketball and Cavaliers uniform. That's the issue. Despite the many situations where it could be used, it's not. Yet, now, all of a sudden, it is. It's just not a comparison you hear used very often.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

11. Re: Just when you thought you'd heard it all....

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The issue here isn't so much the comment as it is how often this sort of comparison is NOT used, in situations where it could be. A baseball and a pitcher. A football and a Browns uniform. A Basketball and Cavaliers uniform. That's the issue. Despite the many situations where it could be used, it's not. Yet, now, all of a sudden, it is. It's just not a comparison you hear used very often.
    Well, maybe all sports should go ahead and follow soccer's lead and make the ball multi-colored. You know, to avoid all this. Maybe that'll make it all better for everyone.

dumb thing to say-period