Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Just when you thought you'd heard it all....

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    This was truly the most idiotic take on this. Peyton Manning was known for YEARS to have one of the best sold fake-handoffs in the NFL... now look at Manning, and tell me if you think he's anything but the whitest person on Earth. Lamar works on selling the handoff. So many QB's don't do that, and I've never understood why. Remember Trent Green? From the Chiefs? That guy might have been one of the WORST at faking handoffs... sometimes he wasn't even within 3 feet of the RB.

I honestly don't know why this guy said something so stupid. It was baffling.
    Exactly bro...Lamar gets people to fall for it because he sells the fake. On his roll-out td run this past weekend, he got the d-line to bite and they KNEW he was a threat to keep it. Flacco never got that type of reaction on fake handoffs or play-action and it's solely because he didnt sell it well

Richard Sherman, when asked, defended the comments. He said “he has a point”

3. Re: Just when you thought you'd heard it all....

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I get that, but it's a shame how all this had to become about race, etc. and someone felt the need to move it. Plain silly. It's not why I originally posted the story. It was about how stupid the comment was, etc. Maybe the NFL needs to make the ball fluorescent pink or hunters orange now(?) No, let's just play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Oh snap. Now Sherman is a racist. He needs to be suspended for a game

Blog Entries

Supposed to be cold and windy on Sunday in Buffalo. Will Lamar wear a long sleeve shirt under his jersey and will it be white or black? Hmmm, or will he go sleeveless like last week? I'm on the edge of my seat in anticipation.

6. Re: Just when you thought you'd heard it all....

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Supposed to be cold and windy on Sunday in Buffalo. Will Lamar wear a long sleeve shirt under his jersey and will it be white or black? Hmmm, or will he go sleeveless like last week? I'm on the edge of my seat in anticipation.
    Well, according to the team website, it's supposed to be white jersey day Sunday. Think that'll change the point spread in Vegas any?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Well, according to the team website, it's supposed to be white jersey day Sunday. Think that'll change the point spread in Vegas any?
    There goes our play action.

Dang. Climate changes so quickly now. Just yesterday, they were calling for sunny and mid 40s Sunday in buffalo.

And I thought they had this weather thing down where they could predict changes 10 years out

9. Re: Just when you thought you'd heard it all....

There goes our play action.
    I'm changing my prediction now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The issue here isn't so much the comment as it is how often this sort of comparison is NOT used, in situations where it could be. A baseball and a pitcher. A football and a Browns uniform. A Basketball and Cavaliers uniform. That's the issue. Despite the many situations where it could be used, it's not. Yet, now, all of a sudden, it is. It's just not a comparison you hear used very often.
    I think its being used now because of how damn good LJ is at selling it.

I never really thought about it until now but it makes sense for it to be more difficult as a brown football is somewhat camouflaged over a Cleveland brown jersey or someone with an arm skin color similar to the football.

He wasn't racially motivated in saying this but unfortunately the times that we live in and the fact that he works for a san Francisco team of all places.. that's literally the lions den for shit like this.