Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Just when you thought you'd heard it all....

Re: Just when you thought you'd heard it all....

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Ha ha. Unfrozen caveman broadcaster.

ugh. QBs can wear long sleeve undershirts (in a team color) if they think it's a huge advantage

From the rulebook:
    Quarterbacks will be allowed to wear under the game jersey a solid-color T-shirt, turtleneck, or
    sweatshirt (consistent with team undergarment color) with sleeves cut to any length, as long as both
    sleeves are evenly trimmed and the edges are sewn and hemmed.

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    ugh. QBs can wear long sleeve undershirts (in a team color) if they think it's a huge advantage

From the rulebook:
    Quarterbacks will be allowed to wear under the game jersey a solid-color T-shirt, turtleneck, or
    sweatshirt (consistent with team undergarment color) with sleeves cut to any length, as long as both
    sleeves are evenly trimmed and the edges are sewn and hemmed.
    This rule always makes me think of James Jones who wore the Packers hoodie like every game under the uniform. What happened to that dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    This rule always makes me think of James Jones who wore the Packers hoodie like every game under the uniform. What happened to that dude?
    I remembered it vaguely so I Googled him to see pictures of the hoodie under his uniform... The hood is sticking out of the neck of the jersey, yet he's got no sleeves. I wonder, did he just cut the sleeves off the hoodie? (There are other pictures of him with the full long sleeve hoodie on, I suppose he would have long or short sleeves depending on temperature in the game of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    https://twitter.com/NFLTotalAccess/s...637986309?s=19

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    https://twitter.com/NFLTotalAccess/s...637986309?s=19

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    Oh dang! Giants in the playoffs??

He should wear the hoodie under the suit it’s his brand

Well he might be right about a slight advantage. But never state the truth, in a way some moron can claim it means something else other than what you meant. He could have said it didn’t help the ball was so dark when wet that it was hard to see against our black jerseys. And it was. But to state the truth that “a dark brown skinned player, holding a dark brown ball, against a black uniform, on a overcast, heavily rainy day and trying to hide a handoff to another dark skinned player, with dark brown skin wearing a black jersey and trying to hide if he has the ball to confuse the defense” is a tough thing to see who has the ball. Yeah that’s racist.

9. Re: Just when you thought you'd heard it all....

I think he just choose his words very badly. He could have said it a little different and the reception may have been different.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    If this logic were true, then hitters would have a hard time seeing the ball out of the majority of the Orioles pitching staff, but yet, here we are....5,445,674 home runs later.

People moving the goalposts for Lamar by using skin color...at best is unintentionally racist.

We really struggled to follow the ball on handoffs. So did the stadium cameraman.

btw: first political post will get this thread bounced.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I don't like it because it discredits Lamar and that happens to him enough. He's good at ball fakes because he practices it and is a high IQ football player. Every other QB has the opportunity to wear dark colored sleeves if they choose but they're not running our offense because they don't have the ability to do it!

I was disappointed in r/nfl to see that they thought this was a non issue. But I digress.