Larry Johnson is Losing His Mind

You can’t make this stuff up. Athletes and Twitter are a dangerous mix.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...uw4-story.html

Re: Larry Johnson is Losing His Mind

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCityRaven View Post
    You can’t make this stuff up. Athletes and Twitter are a dangerous mix.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...uw4-story.html
    Correction... some athletes with potential CTE and Twitter are dangerous. The Torrey Smiths and Chris Longs of the world are great on Twitter!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Correction... some athletes with potential CTE and Twitter are dangerous. The Torrey Smiths and Chris Longs of the world are great on Twitter!

Fair point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Correction... most athletes with potential CTE and Twitter are dangerous. The Torrey Smiths and Chris Longs of the world are great on Twitter!

FTFY.

The reality is most athletes are dumb and so far removed from normal society that they have very little perspective on reality.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    FTFY.

The reality is most athletes are dumb and so far removed from normal society that they have very little perspective on reality.
    You can add entertainers to that list. Most either don’t have an education, or didn’t take advantage of the time they were in school. Focusing on their skill, instead of learning basic things.

Then they get employees making significantly more than the average person. But still want to pretend they can relate to the average person

I guess I'm in a weird boat on this. I don't feel that athletes are "dumb". They spent time perfecting a skill and professional sports are insanely complex. It takes a totally different type of intelligence to play pro-sports, but it is STILL intelligence.
    Can they put together a proposal, could they do functional math, or write coherently? Not all... some. But can you identify a man cover-2 split in under 3 seconds? Can you bench 225lbs 45 times? We all have skills and to put some above others isn't relevant. I worked a job where I was constantly on two phones, sending e-mails and instant messaging all while putting in data... it was an insane amount of multi-tasking, but I was good at it. I remember a guy in my office was talking sports and was saying about how Kerry Wood was a once-in-a-lifetime talent at pitching. My manager, very quickly, and very straight faced said, "Oh yeah? I bet he can't talk on two phones, respond to e-mails, and hit quotas like you can"... he was joking but it always stuck with me. We are amazed with what they do in the field, but if you put them in one of our jobs... they would fail. Think of the flip side. If you were yanked out of the stands, hot-dog in hand, and suited up and thrown into ANY position on a football field, you'd likely die of blunt force trauma as you aimlessly ran around trying to figure out what was even going on.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    I guess I'm in a weird boat on this. I don't feel that athletes are "dumb". They spent time perfecting a skill and professional sports are insanely complex. It takes a totally different type of intelligence to play pro-sports, but it is STILL intelligence.
    Can they put together a proposal, could they do functional math, or write coherently? Not all... some. But can you identify a man cover-2 split in under 3 seconds? Can you bench 225lbs 45 times? We all have skills and to put some above others isn't relevant. I worked a job where I was constantly on two phones, sending e-mails and instant messaging all while putting in data... it was an insane amount of multi-tasking, but I was good at it. I remember a guy in my office was talking sports and was saying about how Kerry Wood was a once-in-a-lifetime talent at pitching. My manager, very quickly, and very straight faced said, "Oh yeah? I bet he can't talk on two phones, respond to e-mails, and hit quotas like you can"... he was joking but it always stuck with me. We are amazed with what they do in the field, but if you put them in one of our jobs... they would fail. Think of the flip side. If you were yanked out of the stands, hot-dog in hand, and suited up and thrown into ANY position on a football field, you'd likely die of blunt force trauma as you aimlessly ran around trying to figure out what was even going on.
    One can be football smart and not very intelligent.

Dexter Manley, for example. ;)
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.