Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Ravens #1...yeah, but...

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Btw the pass to Hurst on 4th down was a screen.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Blog Entries

….You can RB screen to the swing/flats, you can play-action screen, misdirection screen, you could merge all the above and add a pump...

I feel like Roman lost the first half of the playbook and spent most of the game calling from the back pages....

There’s a legitimate chance this happened as there were pages blowing across the field...

Blog Entries

Another RB screen:

Blog Entries

But there are far more then RB middle screens...…. Then there’s WR screens.....
    Ask on Greg Roman and ye shall receive:

Ask on Greg Roman and ye shall receive:
    I thought of you today during the game, when we saw all the screens.

What a welcome element! They were mostly "medium gains" rather than huge plays. (Unless I'm forgetting one?) But they were helpful, kept the chains moving and the D off-balance. I wonder what it was about the Bills D that made Roman call them, when they hadn't really been an element all season?

Or was it just "time" to add them in? The announcers have been saying that Roman has been growing the playbook every week. And Lamar is in his first season with a new offense.

BTW, this may sound stupid looking at the gifs, but in-game I thought Lamar didn't look super-comfortable throwing them. Like he wasn't used to them, or something. But they worked out fine – and practice makes perfect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I thought of you today during the game, when we saw all the screens.

What a welcome element! They were mostly "medium gains" rather than huge plays. (Unless I'm forgetting one?) But they were helpful, kept the chains moving and the D off-balance. I wonder what it was about the Bills D that made Roman call them, when they hadn't really been an element all season?

Or was it just "time" to add them in? The announcers have been saying that Roman has been growing the playbook every week.
    Man I Hope GRo comes back or they have a plan to continue what he set in motion.

I was pleasantly 😲 to see the screen game in action. He teased it early in the season then got away from it for awhile to the point that I gave up on it.

I can only speculate as to why...

Now I just hope to see the return of the RPOs and more zone runs or variety in the run game. I 🤔 there is a tendency to rely on the Pistol dive option too often when we have so many different ways to attack with both the run game and the passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Tampa Bay has two receivers that are #2 and #3 in the league. (Chris Goodwin & Mike Evans) Tampa Bay is 5-7. The #4 receiver is DJ Moore and is head coach just got fired. Amari Cooper is #5 and Dallas is 6-6 and might be lucky to back into the playoffs right before Jason Garret is fired. Kenny Golladay and Julio Jones are tied for #6 and both have won 3 games each. There's only one receiver in the top 10 with a legit shot to make noise in the playoffs - Michael Thomas.

To say the Ravens need to throw to the receivers more is just more lazy reporting from the outside. Having a receiver in the top 10 has gotten those teams no where. The Ravens have receivers who are legit threats and all of them have good hands. Marquise Brown is #10 in TD catches. Clearly he gets throw to a lot. Willie Snead, Seth Roberts and Miles Boykin all do their part to move the chains whether its a catch or two a game or blocking.
    Detroit has had 'Megatron' and Matthew Stafford - statistical leaders at their respective positions for most of a decade - what did they win with that combination?

I continue to get the feeling that Roman and the Ravens have just scratched the surface of their playbook.

Patriots were dominant with most of the targets going to Gronk and Hernandez

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk