Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Re: Ron Rivera fired

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    So, you're saying, like, Danny "Redskin Peanut" Snyder without the charisma & bonhomie?
    Probably not as bad as Snyder, but he's too impatient to be a good owner imo. He's someone who wants to win SB's and isn't interested in reaching play-offs and then fail. Nothing wrong with that, but he will make too many drastic decisions way too early. This one being the first of many.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTowel View Post
    David Tepper is an idiot. Before he became the Panthers' owner, he was a minority owner of the Steelers (5%). Two years ago, he was part of a group of minority owners who wanted Tomlin to be fired. He's the kind of guy who reacts emotionally and will change everything once results are bad for a couple of weeks without taking into account the circumstances. With him in charge the Panthers will rapidly decline and become an unstable organisation. Rivera is a good coach and will have no trouble finding a new job.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...ayoff-debacle/
    a billionaire hedge fund manager but he's an idiot? I thought he was fair in the way he handled it. Said Riviera was too good of a man not to tell right up front that they were going to look around.
    New owners want their own guys, this is not new.

And Pitt fans down here have been begging for Tomlin to be fired to the past couple of years, it's good entertainment ;-)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Bad teams are the result of bad ownership.

Looks like the Panthers are starting the slide beneath mediocrity.

I mean, I get it. The guy had 3 winning seasons in 9 years

Im scared panthers will go after Greg Roman..

“An offensive minded head coach who loves analytics.”

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1...422998529?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post

He’s going to get offers. If he’s our OC next year that will be by his own choice, not because no one wanted to give him a job.

I’m basically just mentally preparing for Culley as our OC next year and will be pleasantly surprised if I’m wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post

There is nothing that can be done to stop an offer. If that's what happens then you wish him luck and go to plan B. We'll then see if James Urban is ready for prime time

9. Re: Ron Rivera fired

Statement from the Panthers' owner regarding Rivera:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...n=trendingNews

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    a billionaire hedge fund manager but he's an idiot?
    Possibly. Most bad owners in sports are billionaire businessmen who are arrogant (and stupid) enough to think that, because they are wildly successful in some area of the business world, they should be able to step in with zero experience and no football background, and just run a successful NFL franchise, no problem. It's pure hubris.

I thought he was fair in the way he handled it. Said Riviera was too good of a man not to tell right up front that they were going to look around.
    New owners want their own guys, this is not new.
    Did you hear his most recent comments?
    "I just thought it was time given the way things have gone the last two seasons to put my stamp on this organization on the football side"

I mean, why not? He's got a whopping 19 months of experience now, he should be perfectly ready to go, right? If you are a Panthers fan, I think this should scare the crap out of you.
    Last edited by MarkS; 12-09-2019 at 12:40 AM.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

The thought that Roman could be in their future makes sense.
    At $18.6m Cam’s last year isn’t completely unreasonable if you want to give him one kore shot with a new Offense, potentially draft Jalen Hurts with a future eye towards Justin Fields in 2021...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only way a 'legitimate' Head Coach would take the Cowboy's job would be if Jimmy Jones sold the team. Jones is the cause of the consistent under performance of d'boys.