Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Ron Rivera fired

Yikes good coach

Re: Ron Rivera fired

Is Lobachevsky gonna go all hall monitor on this thread too

3. Re: Ron Rivera fired

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Yikes good coach
    Cleveland would be wise to go get a guy like Rivera. They won’t cause they’re the Browns, but it’s the type of guy they need in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    whats wrong?

5. Re: Ron Rivera fired

Yikes good coach
    Yeah, pretty much, but a better D guy

So did Cam Newton make it seem like Ron Rivera was a better coach? I think you can argue that some QBs absolutely make some coaches look quite a bit better than they really are and when they leave, the real talent level of that coach shows up. Would Sean Peyton be seen as an elite coach without Brees at the helm all these years? Bilichick is an awesome coach but would be be as ethereal without Brady? I think one can also argue that Lamar is making Harbaugh look like a better coach as well. There's talk of giving Tomlin Coach of the Year since he's basically willing the Steelers to the playoffs with substandard personnel. So take away all the toys and the bare talent is exposed?

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Cleveland would be wise to go get a guy like Rivera. They won’t cause they’re the Browns, but it’s the type of guy they need in charge.
    Serious question: Does Ron Rivera, who is half Puerto Rican, qualify as a minority candidate under the Rooney Rule? Because if so, the Browns should fire Kitchen TODAY and make Rivera an offer.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Blog Entries

Panthers fire Ron Rivera
    Posted by Josh Alper on December 3, 2019, 3:16 PM EST :

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...re-ron-rivera/

"The team announced on Tuesday that Rivera has been fired with four games left on their 2019 schedule. Defensive coordinator Perry Fewell will be the interim head coach.

The move doesn’t come as a great surprise, although many thought that the team would wait to make any changes until the end of the season. The Panthers are 5-7 and on track to miss the playoffs for a second straight year."

... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Serious question: Does Ron Rivera, who is half Puerto Rican, qualify as a minority candidate under the Rooney Rule? Because if so, the Browns should fire Kitchen TODAY and make Rivera an offer.
    yes he is considered minority as a Latino. He's a good coach, he will land on his feet somewhere

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

10. Re: Ron Rivera fired

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Maybe? I've never seen an in-season HC get fired and then hired by another organization during the same season as a Head Coach. I know Hue Jackson was some sort of Offensive Consultant for the Bengals after the Browns let him go. Rivera will no doubt wait and interview this offseason for a number of open vacancies if he wants to?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    At least it's NFL related. "Mercifully we stay our hand." (R. A. Heinlein, Between Planets.)
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

whats wrong?
    It’s not directly related to the Ravens lmao (I personally don’t mind at all lol, I like talking about football, but Lobo went on a bizarre diatribe about how Ex should be suspended from the board for posting a college football thread earlier)