Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: OT: Today, in the world of, 'What have you done?'

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I mean the very obvious answer is that he did a fantastic job at Rutgers the first time around? Before he got there that program had literally never won a bowl game, and they turned right back into a dumpster fire the moment the players he recruited left. But over the latter half of his tenure there they were consistently winning 8-9 games, and one year they were even ranked in the top 10.

I doubt this will work out but they’re arguably the worst program in any Power 5 conference right now, so might as well try something.
    This.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Re: OT: Today, in the world of, 'What have you done?'

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Yeah. It seems like it should be a good move.

I have some skepticism about "going home again" moves, how often they actually work out. There's a whiff of "tail between the legs" to it: Schiano thought he could succeed in the big bad NFL, but naw. Ultimately I kinda don't want it to work out, because I don't want things to get even harder for Maryland – maybe that's the real reason behind my "skepticism". But he seems the obvious choice for them: the only guy who's actually won there.

Did the move to the B1G happen after he left? Or were they there when he was there?
    After he left

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk