Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

OT: Today, in the world of, 'What have you done?'

What has Greg Schiano done to get this contract?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: OT: Today, in the world of, 'What have you done?'

want my opinion? I don't think he wanted the job. He was like - 'you want me, then pay me $40m, private jets, new facilities, no buyout'. He never dreamed they'd say yes...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    want my opinion? I don't think he wanted the job. He was like - 'you want me, then pay me $40m, private jets, new facilities, no buyout'. He never dreamed they'd say yes...
    Well, if that's how it went down, then at least he's self-aware.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Come on, Tin Toothpick. This isn't even about the NFL & has no place on the main board at this time of year, per the rules.

You abuse Tony's forbearance all the time with this sort of antic. You won't put your o/t crap where it belongs because you just gotta make sure everyone on the main board sees it with your nym prominently featured.

Beyond moving this to another forum (where it will appropriately die), I hope you suffer some significant consequences that make you think twice about continuing to ignore the rules & abuse the system here. A two-week timeout in the heat of the playoff run ought to chastise you properly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Come on, Tin Toothpick. This isn't even about the NFL & has no place on the main board at this time of year, per the rules.

You abuse Tony's forbearance all the time with this sort of antic. You won't put your o/t crap where it belongs because you just gotta make sure everyone on the main board sees it with your nym prominently featured.

Beyond moving this to another forum (where it will appropriately die), I hope you suffer some significant consequences that make you think twice about continuing to ignore the rules & abuse the system here. A two-week timeout in the heat of the playoff run ought to chastise you properly.
    How.............DARE.........you? You have no dominion over the Land of Verdite, and to glaze our poor great Board Head in a false coating of filth, is fraudulence at its finest.

Blog Entries

don't like it, don't read it. I skip plenty of threads

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    don't like it, don't read it. I skip plenty of threads

Yeah Loba, you Simpsons character. Yellow is a fitting color for you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Yeah Loba, you Simpsons character. Yellow is a fitting color for you.
    Get the fuck off my lawn, punk!

(Ahem.) I quote from the top of this forum:
    Pure Ravens talk during the season - this may include discussion of competing NFL teams and players, if relevant to Ravens football.
    There, I even blew it up for you in case you can't find your reading glasses.

What about this RULE do you not understand?
    Why do you feel free to routinely ignore it?
    Why do you do so with impunity?

Youth wants to know (& old age is pretty fucking curious too).
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    What has Greg Schiano done to get this contract?
    That Rutgers seemingly desperate for any credibility outbid themselves for Schiano. Who was their backup plan Randy Edsall?

I mean the very obvious answer is that he did a fantastic job at Rutgers the first time around? Before he got there that program had literally never won a bowl game, and they turned right back into a dumpster fire the moment the players he recruited left. But over the latter half of his tenure there they were consistently winning 8-9 games, and one year they were even ranked in the top 10.

I doubt this will work out but they’re arguably the worst program in any Power 5 conference right now, so might as well try something.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Get the fuck off my lawn, punk!

(Ahem.) I quote from the top of this forum:There, I even blew it up for you in case you can't find your reading glasses.

What about this RULE do you not understand?
    Why do you feel free to routinely ignore it?
    Why do you do so with impunity?

Youth wants to know (& old age is pretty fucking curious too).
    I don't wear glasses yet. Don't you wish that on me!

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I mean the very obvious answer is that he did a fantastic job at Rutgers the first time around? Before he got there that program had literally never won a bowl game, and they turned right back into a dumpster fire the moment the players he recruited left. But over the latter half of his tenure there they were consistently winning 8-9 games, and one year they were even ranked in the top 10.

I doubt this will work out but they’re arguably the worst program in any Power 5 conference right now, so might as well try something.
    Yeah. It seems like it should be a good move.

I have some skepticism about "going home again" moves, how often they actually work out. There's a whiff of "tail between the legs" to it: Schiano thought he could succeed in the big bad NFL, but naw. Ultimately I kinda don't want it to work out, because I don't want things to get even harder for Maryland – maybe that's the real reason behind my "skepticism". But he seems the obvious choice for them: the only guy who's actually won there.

Did the move to the B1G happen after he left? Or were they there when he was there?