Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ed Reed

Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    That’s a hell of a list of S to whittle down to 6.
    I’m old enough to have Yale Lary, Emlen Tunnell & Willie Wood football cards, and remember them all except Christianson, though I know him by name & rep.
    If they're only picking six. Tunnell has to be on there. Belichick is not going to let this list be made without him on it. He's a pioneer of the position. Krause has to be in. Lott has to be in. Reed will be in. That's four.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I think Ken Houston will be the fifth.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

don't know if y'all have seen this since it's from his Miami days, but to me this is the most "Ed Reed" play of all time. Yes, I'm using his name as an adjective.

Miami is up on Boston College 12-7 near the end of the game, but Boston College is in the red zone. A pass is tipped and caught by Miami player Matt Walters. Ed Reed comes up and STRIPS THE BALL FROM HIS OWN TEAMMATE and returns it for a TD to put the game away for good. Who in their right minds strips the ball from their own teammate?! That's insane. That was Ed Reed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_ZQkJKw4NA

Always loved this story: https://www.businessinsider.com/beli...ception-2019-2

My favorite and most exciting player I've ever seen. Even towards the end of his career you knew when a QB threw deep over the middle that Reed was just as likely to be there picking it off as the receiver was to catch it when the camera panned over.

Quote Originally Posted by Flacco's_Haircut View Post
    Always loved this story: https://www.businessinsider.com/beli...ception-2019-2

My favorite and most exciting player I've ever seen. Even towards the end of his career you knew when a QB threw deep over the middle that Reed was just as likely to be there picking it off as the receiver was to catch it when the camera panned over.
    Undeniable proof that whenever we as fans thought "Where the hell did he come from?!?" that QBs were thinking the exact same thing.

I always say this whenever Ed is brought up because it is so important to who he is but like another poster mentioned the man was unreal with the time and attention he gave the fans, especially at training camp in Westminster. The guy wouldn't just come over and sign autographs he would interact joke around and have a genuinely great time with the fans. Says a lot about Ed as a person. After the first training camp I went to everytime i returned it was mostly to see Ed in this capacity. Sure other player signed and interacted with fans but Ed was on another level.

Lamar personality wise in that regard reminds me of Ed

Blog Entries

There was no one better. Ed Reed was the greatest playmaker of all time

Blog Entries

Krause didn't make it. Jack Christiansen and Larry Wilson, round out the six.