Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ed Reed

Blog Entries

Ed Reed

This is just a thread to show love and admiration for Ed Reed. If you have any personal stories about him. If you've heard any stories about him. Stories you've heard players/coaches tell about him. Highlights. Anything.

"Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed

That return TD against the Jets is one of, if not the only, return TD highlight that I see over and over................for a play that was halfway called back due to penalty. Will Demps, please hold your head in shame.

The one story that is somewhat about Reed, that never gets old for me, is the one that Haruki Nakamura tells. He says that on his first day at the facility, he is very sternly told that if he tries even half of the things that Ed Reed tries on the field, he will be fired. Lol.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

His post-game analysis was always spot on too.

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/20..._rips_joe.html

That’s a hell of a list of S to whittle down to 6.
    I’m old enough to have Yale Lary, Emlen Tunnell & Willie Wood football cards, and remember them all except Christianson, though I know him by name & rep.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

I love his Instagram. I love his homeless look. I love that he's always got a cigar. GOAT HOF bust as well

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My favourite Reed pick against Phins in the PO.. 2008.. and like Lamarr.. he did it with ease and grace, as he was born to do this.

I still wonder if this was not his longest return in actual yards.. seems like 100-120 yards

After the 2012 playoff game against Indy, after Ray did his farewell lap, and after the crowd had left the seating bowl - Ed Reed came back out (I think he was doing an interview). He took a few minutes to get some pictures with the band - specifically the flag line (which, that turned out to be their final game as well) and our drum major. No other player has done that.

Reed deserved a farewell lap just as much as Ray.

Blog Entries

I got to meet him at the 2004 training camp and he signed my jersey right on my back. I was fortunate enough to have a disposable camera that day (remember those?) so I have a picture of it too. Didn't know at the time I was having a HOF'er sign of course lol. I have the jersey and the picture framed now. He was always my favorite player.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I used to love it when he would try to pitch the ball back even when it was really foolish and dangerous to do so.

Good times.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Don't know how many times I went from cheering for him after a pick and then screaming at him when he held the ball in one hand. He lost it at least one time I can remember.

We went to TC every year when it was in Westminster and he was always a favorite. Came out of the locker screaming "GOOD MORNING BALTIMORE!!!"

I was in the souvenir tent once when I saw what I thought was some fan running around with a #20 jersey on. Turns out it was really Reed. His momentum took him over the ropes and he decided to do a lap through the tent.

Funniest story, though is when I was at the hotel complex there in 2009 picking up 3 Family/Friends field passes I had just scored. Instead of bringing them to my car, the SAFE guys said to go on in to pick them up. Was crossing an alley between 2 buildings where an Escalade was parked. Guy in the car waved at me to go ahead and then hit the gas so I had to dive out of the way. Looked in and it was Reed, laughing his ass off.

He helped out Sunday. I wore a #20 to our local sports tavern to watch the game. Will be continue to wear this one, as I'm superstitious about shit like this.

I loved the fact the Ed seemed to completely own the Washington football team. Both in 2004 and 2008, he pretty much single-handedly beat that team. The sack, strip, TD on Brunell is an all time great play.

Favorite Ed highlight on a personal level is his punt return TD opening night 2007 against the Bengals. That was the exact moment my mom became a football fan.

Favorite little anecdote on Ed the person is just the autograph line at Westminster training camp. Year after year, anyone who wanted an Ed Reed autograph got one. Because literally ever day of practice, he walked all the way to the very end of the rope, and made the slow journey through the hoard of fans. It took almost an hour, every single day. But no one ever went home unhappy. He and Elrod Hendricks were the 2 easiest autographs for Baltimore sports fans, and I mean that as the absolute highest compliment.