Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Marcus Peters ... The Reluctant Tackler

Tackling is desire, thats why Peters led the team in tackles against the Rams, he just needs to learn that to be a Raven means you tackle always

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    Peters is not a great tackler. He is a superb ball hawk. Just give me decent tackling production and I’ll take it. Right now he is in a contract year and any injury could cost him millions of dollars. Just as Judon is not setting the edge well because he is looking for sacks every down Peters is not coming up to make hard hits unless he has help. It’s business for players just as well as teams.
    Does Peters have the reputation of just not being a tackler, or do you get the tackles from him once you invest in him and sign him long term. Either way, the picks are going to come in bunches like they are now, but I’d bet not at such quite a steady rate. For a top dollar DB contract I wouldn’t pay it for Peters. Love him as a rental, but the business says be careful with paying this guy. He’s on his third team and it certainly didn’t look like the Rams couldn’t use him.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Does Peters have the reputation of just not being a tackler, or do you get the tackles from him once you invest in him and sign him long term. Either way, the picks are going to come in bunches like they are now, but I’d bet not at such quite a steady rate. For a top dollar DB contract I wouldn’t pay it for Peters. Love him as a rental, but the business says be careful with paying this guy. He’s on his third team and it certainly didn’t look like the Rams couldn’t use him.
    if every tackle is a "business decision" that tells me it's him first, team second.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    if his poor tackling skills costs us a playoff game talk to me then...the guy is a poor tackler...what, because of your reasoning i'm an ingrate for pointing out a player's weakness?...kma...i'm actually a big fan and respect his ball hawking skills...but you guys who denigrate a poster based on non sequitur reasoning kill me...i thought you were better than that bc
    ... and if he intercepts a pass, and brings it to the house to secure a Ravens victory, will you still say "yeah, but he missed a tackle in the 2nd quarter." I am not denigrating any poster, everyone has a right to their opinion (that includes me). What I see in Peters is an A-1/top-notch ball hawking CB, who is a great book-end to go with Humphrey. Show me any player who is 100% perfect... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    ... and if he intercepts a pass, and brings it to the house to secure a Ravens victory, will you still say "yeah, but he missed a tackle in the 2nd quarter." I am not denigrating any poster, everyone has a right to their opinion (that includes me). What I see in Peters is an A-1/top-notch ball hawking CB, who is a great book-end to go with Humphrey. Show me any player who is 100% perfect... Bc
    Or we could just give Peters back to the rams and take back Kenny Young and a 5th. Peters is a straight steal, missed tackles and all.

this response doesn't address your non sequitur reasoning...just reinforces it...i give up...goodnight and God bless

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Or we could just give Peters back to the rams and take back Kenny Young and a 5th. Peters is a straight steal, missed tackles and all.
    Yes Mac, and a sweet part is that if we don't sign him, I believe the Ravens would be in for a comp pick... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Barry Sanders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    No one is saying he hasn't improved this defense. What we are saying is, there is a certain standard that should be expected of you when you play for this team.

But I guess the team's new slogan is "Play Like a Raven.....unless you are a really talented CB, in which case we'll accept whatever level of effort you decide to give on any particular play, and just be happy with it."
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    No one is saying he hasn't improved the team. What we are saying is, there is a certain standard that should be expected of you when you play for this team.

But I guess the team's new slogan is "Play Like a Raven.....unless you are a really talented CB, in which case we'll accept whatever level of effort you decide to give on any particular play, and just be happy with it."
    Naw he is what he is you got to take the good with the bad. He may think it will help him but it will hurt him getting a big contract next year.

In fact you denigrated me by calling me an ingrate for starting the defense getting gashed thread. Don’t talk out of both sides of your mouth when you just said everyone had a right to their opinion...so respect my right to post what I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is this so divisive? Two weeks ago nearly everyone was head over heels about Peters and what an asset he is to the D.

Should we start a Hollywood disappears from games thread or a Mark Andrews drops balls thread or a Lamar didnt have a lot of passing yards yesterday so he sucked thread?

I guess I'm just not understanding the singling Peters out. But I'd be willing to bet that most of those shitting on him were those that shit on the trade weeks ago when it was made and were saying that he sucks yada yada and are seeing an opportunity to save face