Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ravens as bigger draw in DC

At least for this week.

Long term though Lamar could siphon off a lot of disillusioned Slurs fans.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens as bigger draw in DC

I have family that was born and raised in DC that came down for the holiday. I told them if they don't get it together soon, the next generation of NFL fans from DC were gonna be rooting for the Ravens. They begrudgingly agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    I have family that was born and raised in DC that came down for the holiday. I told them if they don't get it together soon, the next generation of NFL fans from DC were gonna be rooting for the Ravens. They begrudgingly agreed.
    Most of my friends' kids are already Ravens fans.

Blog Entries

I overheard a Slurs fan talking to someone in the bathroom at the stadium yesterday, was wearing Slurs gear, said he was a Slurs season ticket holder, but he wanted to come see a good game. I agree, the Ravens have a big opportunity in the short term here to really pull in a lot of the Slurs fans that are tired of what they see from that team and that owner.

Ravens should definitely try to aggressively market in what may traditionally be Slurs areas this off-season.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I'm seeing more and more people in the area ditching the Redskins and rooting for the Ravens. People are finished with Snyder.

They should have kept Cousins. He is a great player. Alex Smith is pretty good too, though, in fairness, I guess it's not really their fault he got injured and they had to go back to the drawing board at QB. I live in Richmond and even though I despise the Redskins, I used to enjoy watching Cousins at training camp in RVA in the summers a few years back. He is a really good dude and a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Ravens should definitely try to aggressively market in what may traditionally be Slurs areas this off-season.
    I really didn't like it when they tried that very tactic in Baltimore while we didn't have a team. I say just let it happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I really didn't like it when they tried that very tactic in Baltimore while we didn't have a team. I say just let it happen.
    I’m talking like Southern MD, PG Co, Montgomery Co...not necessarily VA or DC. Nothing outside the state lines which I think is within reason given they are Maryland’s team. I live in Calvert and while there is definitely a healthy fan base for the Ravens here, they could advertise and market themselves more than they do imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    It has happened before. In 1958, as a kid in Northern Virginia, I was fascinated by Lenny Moore's flashing spats through the snow-laden black and white TV picture. What a magical time! When I grew up, I moved to Maryland.

The Redskins were mediocre proceeding toward horrible each year. The owner was the racist George Preston Marshall. The announers were ridiculous. Jim Gibbons, the play by play guy, was bland and without insight. His sidekick, Eddie Gallagher, was a non-sports radio guy who displayed no football knowledge whatsoever and limited his comments to the weather and the attire of the crowd.

I locked into Chuck Thompson and the excitement generated by the Colts.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

The Snyders last were relevant in 2012 and last won anything significant in the 1990s.

There are a lot of kids being brought up on the NFL down there with no real allegiance to that team, other than the fact that their parents are fans. Lamar is a dynamic, LIKABLE guy who is turning heads all over. I can definitely see a conversion over 1-3 years especially in the MD counties surrounding DC.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

There are a lot of kids in DC and Montgomery County (where I live) that are becoming Ravens fan bc of Lamar Jackson (and the fact that the Slurs are awful and have no hope).

Redskins winning games while Haskins looks terrible can’t be a good thing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I really didn't like it when they tried that very tactic in Baltimore while we didn't have a team.
    What I really didn't like was finding out that Paul Fuckhead Tagliabue kept screwing our city out of an expansion franchise because his good buddy, then-Deadskins owner Jack Kent Crook [sic], was damned & determined to steal the former Baltimore Colts fan base for his own.

Which is why, down around the seventh circle of Hell, there are three big oil-filled black kettles bubbling away over roaring fires. In the first is Bob Irsay. In the second is Jack Kent Crook [sic], The third is empty but there's a sign in front of it: RESERVED - TAGLIABUE.