Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Early Analysis of the Buffalo Bills

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Bills have the 26th ranked run defense in DVOA. They're about to get hit in the mouth.
    I was going to post that too.

You can on the Bills. That's all we need. A team with that kind of weakness is a poor matchup for the Ravens. The Bills pretty much have to think they are going to sell out for the run and hope that Lamar doesn't throw over them. That's what the Rams tried. It doesn't work.

3. Re: Early Analysis of the Buffalo Bills

The Chiefs play the Patriots, and I predict that this game will not end with both teams getting a win. Since there are really only 3 other teams whose end of season record really matters at this point, that's a big game. One of those 2 teams will lose (or there will be a tie). Patriots also play the Bills again.

I'm more worried about the Bills Offense than Defense. Josh Allen can throw the ball, and he has really good rapport with Cole Beasley. I think he's really been one of the standouts of the draft class.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

5. Re: Early Analysis of the Buffalo Bills

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDomination View Post
    And their leading rushers are the ageless wonder Frank Gore and Devin Singletary. Neither are Mostert in terms of size and trucking-ability. So I don't see either rushing for 150+ against us.
    Mostert is really really fast. I'd say that neither Gore nor Singletary is Mostert in terms of speed. Mostert's pro day he was 195, 4.38 40 and 1.49. And most of his big runs were outside runs. Mostert has great speed and used it for a few big gains. Frank Gore was 217 and 4.58 over a decade ago. Singletary was 203 and 4.66 combine. Mostert is roughly equivalent to De'Anthony Thomas. If the Ravens ran Thomas outside a whole lot, the Ravens might get runs from him like the 9ers got from Mostert.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I'm more worried about the Bills Offense than Defense. Josh Allen can throw the ball, and he has really good rapport with Cole Beasley. I think he's really been one of the standouts of the draft class.
    agreed, I think they'll find ways to move the ball, just hopefully for field goals. and Ed Oliver is a beast

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

7. Re: Early Analysis of the Buffalo Bills

Quote Originally Posted by RavensPPark View Post
    Yes but the Bills should have some familiarity with defending a running QB since they see it every day in practice.

I don't think the Bills score more than 17 points. How close the game will be depends on how well the Bills play
    the read option
    Allen isn't Lamar in terms of running QB. We don't know exactly how fast Lamar is. But we have to be pretty sure that he's significantly faster than Josh Allen, who ran 4.75 at the combine. Josh Allen is a fine athlete. Big, durable, high sparq, etc. but 4.75 is not in Lamar's league, whatever his actual number is. Facing Allen does not prepare you for Lamar.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    agreed, I think they'll find ways to move the ball, just hopefully for field goals. and Ed Oliver is a beast
    I read that Josh Allen already holds the Bills' franchise record for most consecutive games with 2+ TDs. I think he's a problem.

Allen is going the way of Cam Newton, wanting to challenge tacklers on runs. He received a concussion in the NE game. Once he beats himself up he will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Allen is going the way of Cam Newton, wanting to challenge tacklers on runs. He received a concussion in the NE game. Once he beats himself up he will be done.
    Cam Newton was a league MVP, he's been in the league 9 seasons, he's never thrown for less than 3K yards until this year. If Josh Allen is as good as Cam Newton the Bills should consider themselves lucky.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Early Analysis of the Buffalo Bills

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Bills have the 26th ranked run defense in DVOA. They're about to get hit in the mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Simple
    Pbguy, what Mac said. With LJ, Ingram, and Gus, the Ravens should run and pound at the Bills weakness until it's time for RGIII to step in ... Bc