Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Early Analysis of the Buffalo Bills

after watching our run defense or lack thereof there may be reason to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    after watching our run defense or lack thereof there may be reason to worry.
    It's an anomaly not a trend. Besides they can't be stout every game.

Blog Entries

Bills coming off of a min-bye having played on Thanksgiving

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

No NFL game is a gimme. Having said that -- I don't have the same level of anxiety with the Bills that I had with the 49ers. My only concern is that the Ravens don't take them to lightly or that after a great win that there is no let down. Champions don't do that and ,hopefully, the Ravens won't either.

For starters, we're gonna have to be able to stop Singletary out on the edge.
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

6. Re: Early Analysis of the Buffalo Bills

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Bills coming off of a min-bye having played on Thanksgiving
    Definitely a big game for them. They want to show they belong and are legit. They looked impressive vs the Cowboys Thanksgiving day. Allen looks to have improved his game drastically from last year. Not sure if he has enough around him to put up 3+ scores. I think this game will be fairly close, like <6 pts close

7. Re: Early Analysis of the Buffalo Bills

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDomination View Post
    ...but the Cowboys aren't good either. They're 6-6 and need help getting into the Playoffs.
    Don't the Cowboys control their destiny? If they win out, they're in. If they go 2-2 but take down the Eagles again, they're in.

I was wondering about that. So there's no way for the Bills to win and knock us out of the #2 spot on a tiebreaker or something. We just have to worry about the 8-4 Texans and 8-4 Chiefs...both 2 games behind us. We have the tiebreaker over the Texans, but not the Chiefs.
    For the record, the Ravens would win a tie with only the Texans, but they would be 3rd in a tie with the Texans and Chiefs (Texans 2, Chiefs 3, Ravens 4). That's the disaster scenario (well, losing the division is probably the disaster scenario, but that's the disaster scenario given they win the division).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I’m really not concerned at all about this game. Like this is really the lowest level of concern I’ve had during this win streak other than the Bengals. I don’t really know why people seem so worried about them either. They’ve beaten one team with a winning record and that was the pre-Tannehill Titans. This is going to be another 30 point blowout.
    I wouldn't be so sure. It's still going to be a road game and the weather may not be good again. If the weather's bad, all bets are off, I did NOT like the way our team looked in the weather yesterday, despite the win.

The Bills are an impressive 9-3, but when you look at their record you see a team that has had a cupcake schedule. Out of the 9 teams they've beaten, only one team is above .500 and that's the 7-5 Titans which they beat way back in Week 5. They haven't beaten any serious contenders. Their most impressive recent win was against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving...but the Cowboys aren't good either. They're 6-6 and need help getting into the Playoffs.

I still expect a tough game through the air though. The Bills are a poor man's 49ers. They play a similar style with a staunch defense and a game manager QB that doesn't put up a lot of points...but he's done enough to beat bad teams. The Bills have the #3 total defense and are #3 in Pass D and #15 in rushing. I expect the running attack to be effective again, but IDK how open our WRs and TE's will be. This looks like another Andrews/Boyle/Hurst type of game. Seeing as how we've beaten the 49ers and Patriots who also have Top 5 defenses...I don't see this being an issue.

I see similarities between the Bills and Ravens too, but Lamar has had much bigger games than Josh Allen. Overall both pass offenses aren't that great, but Lamar leads the league with 25 TDs whereas Allen only has 16. That's a huge difference of almost 10 TDs. So while Lamar doesn't put up huge numbers through the air, he scores a LOT and that ultimately matters more than air yards. I think this will be another game where we score under 30 (unless the defense gets a TD), but I don't think we'll need more than 30 to win it because I don't see the Bills offense scoring like crazy on us. Not with John Brown lol.

Speaking of Brown, this will be billed as a "revenge" game for him because he played with us last season.

Josh Allen is also fast, and from Lamar's draft class. So look for them to run similar offensive plays. It'll be interesting to see if they run in the Pistol formation against us.

QUESTION: Can the #1 and #2 seed come from the same division?
    no, the Wild Cards are 5 and 6 seeds

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I get the worry from being a long time Ravens fan, but what has this team done over the past 9 weeks to warrant being worried about them being blown out by anyone?
    I don't worry about being blown out. I do look at playing a 9-3 team with a Top 5 defense and Top 5 rushing attack in their stadium with some concern that we could be tripped up. A couple ill-timed turnovers might be all that is needed. This is a team that is playing well and they are coming off a mini-bye...and we just came off an emotional win. It can happen.

P.S. The fact that our run D got exposed for the first time since Cleveland - while we were at full strength - is definitely a concern to me.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. It's still going to be a road game and the weather may not be good again. If the weather's bad, all bets are off
    Forecast is 45 degrees, cloudy, SSW winds 10-15mph. Balmy for Buffalo in December.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. It's still going to be a road game and the weather may not be good again. If the weather's bad, all bets are off, I did NOT like the way our team looked in the weather yesterday, despite the win.
    Current forecast is mid 40s, light to moderate winds, partly cloudy and 20% chance of precipitation:

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l...28847f74cce22f

In other words, typical Fall football weather.