Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Early Analysis of the Buffalo Bills

I’m just so damn glad there is another AFC East team worthy of playoff contention.
    The North has always had BAL & PIT with an occasional CIN thrown in. For damn near 20 years the East has been NE and ......(insert cricket sound here).
    It’s pretty tough to screw up a playoff berth when you start every season 6-0 or 5-1.

Other than this week, GO BILLS!!
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Wish I had your optimism and confidence. I consider myself cautiously optimistic but there's always a few games every year where we have that meltdown. Last time that happened was week 4 against the browns. Just hoping we continue to defy the law of averages. This team is is different though so perhaps my concerns are overblown.
    Having just gotten a wake-up call from the Niners my concerns about a let-down against the Bills are somewhat alleviated. The Ravens have to know that quality teams won't all be roll-overs like the Rams and Texans, though the Bills are probably about that good. While we can blow them out we could also be beaten if not on point.

If we win the turnover battle I think we win by 10, if we don’t I think we’re looking at a similar type game and score to yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    It's an anomaly not a trend. Besides they can't be stout every game.
    And their leading rushers are the ageless wonder Frank Gore and Devin Singletary. Neither are Mostert in terms of size and trucking-ability. So I don't see either rushing for 150+ against us.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I don't worry about being blown out. I do look at playing a 9-3 team with a Top 5 defense and Top 5 rushing attack in their stadium with some concern that we could be tripped up. A couple ill-timed turnovers might be all that is needed. This is a team that is playing well and they are coming off a mini-bye...and we just came off an emotional win. It can happen.

P.S. The fact that our run D got exposed for the first time since Cleveland - while we were at full strength - is definitely a concern to me.
    I agree with you about their defense. But their rushing attack is only OK. I know statistically it's Top 5, but looking at the numbers...their RBs have 552 yards (Gore) and 553 yards (Singletary)...both have only 2 rushing TDs on the entire season lol.

Ingram has 837 yards rushing and 9 TDs. He's 268 yards away from having the same rushing yards of Gore/Singletary combined by himself lol. He has more TDs than both combined.

Honestly, Gus Edwards has the same number of TDs and is only 93 yards shy of them (Edwards has 460 yards rushing). So our #3 RB (if you count Lamar as a runner) has comparable rushing production as the Bills #1 and #2 RBs lololol. I'm not afraid of them rushing.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDomination View Post
    The Bills are an impressive 9-3, but when you look at their record you see a team that has had a cupcake schedule. Out of the 9 teams they've beaten, only one team is above .500 and that's the 7-5 Titans which they beat way back in Week 5. They haven't beaten any serious contenders. Their most impressive recent win was against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving...but the Cowboys aren't good either. They're 6-6 and need help getting into the Playoffs.

I still expect a tough game through the air though. The Bills are a poor man's 49ers. They play a similar style with a staunch defense and a game manager QB that doesn't put up a lot of points...but he's done enough to beat bad teams. The Bills have the #3 total defense and are #3 in Pass D and #15 in rushing. I expect the running attack to be effective again, but IDK how open our WRs and TE's will be. This looks like another Andrews/Boyle/Hurst type of game. Seeing as how we've beaten the 49ers and Patriots who also have Top 5 defenses...I don't see this being an issue.

I see similarities between the Bills and Ravens too, but Lamar has had much bigger games than Josh Allen. Overall both pass offenses aren't that great, but Lamar leads the league with 25 TDs whereas Allen only has 16. That's a huge difference of almost 10 TDs. So while Lamar doesn't put up huge numbers through the air, he scores a LOT and that ultimately matters more than air yards. I think this will be another game where we score under 30 (unless the defense gets a TD), but I don't think we'll need more than 30 to win it because I don't see the Bills offense scoring like crazy on us. Not with John Brown lol.

Speaking of Brown, this will be billed as a "revenge" game for him because he played with us last season.

Josh Allen is also fast, and from Lamar's draft class. So look for them to run similar offensive plays. It'll be interesting to see if they run in the Pistol formation against us.

QUESTION: Can the #1 and #2 seed come from the same division?
    No. The top four seeds are the division winners.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    They're an interesting team.

They haven't beat anyone yet, but they're still a good squad. They have an identity and they own it.

They play hard every snap and they've rallied behind Josh Allen on O. Their D is very good. Similar to some of the elite corners we're seen, Tre'davious White will have a hard time making an impact on us. Guys like Ramsey and Gilmore couldn't really impact the game because we don't have a #1 WR to shut down. For example, Gilmore really limited Nuk last night and Hopkins had to beat the Patriots D elsewhere.

They have a stout front 4, but nothing we haven't seen before.

Very beatable. Ravens just need ot play their game and we can walk out with a win.
    The bills team is small. The ravens will do like the eagles did and just run power and run up and down the field. Allen will make a few plays with his legs and maybe a shot to brown but that’s it. Simply put the ravens can do anything the bills do but double the output.

I think the key to this game is to control the time of possession, like we've done with all the other wins recently until yesterday. We won TOP yesterday 32 mins to 27 mins, but only because of our last drive. When we control the TOP, our defense stays fresh and has a pretty easy time.

Plus, chasing Lamar all over the field for nearly 40 minutes has GOT to be exhausting for a defense!

9. Re: Early Analysis of the Buffalo Bills

If it's 45 and overcast in Buffalo, this game might be over by Halftime. The Eagles & their putrid offense handled the Bills with ease. Lamar will be out for redemption after having issues with his accuracy in the rain. Our running attack, 3 tight ends, receivers & Lamar will be too much for the Bills to handle. Our long offensive drives will exhaust their raucous crowd. I think we win by over 2 touchdowns. This offense will be out to prove yet another point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    The bills team is small. The ravens will do like the eagles did and just run power and run up and down the field. Allen will make a few plays with his legs and maybe a shot to brown but that’s it. Simply put the ravens can do anything the bills do but double the output.

Yes but the Bills should have some familiarity with defending a running QB since they see it every day in practice.

I don't think the Bills score more than 17 points. How close the game will be depends on how well the Bills play
    the read option

Blog Entries

Bills have the 26th ranked run defense in DVOA. They're about to get hit in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Bills have the 26th ranked run defense in DVOA. They're about to get hit in the mouth.
    Simple