Page 1 of 23 123 ... LastLast

Early Analysis of the Buffalo Bills

The Bills are an impressive 9-3, but when you look at their record you see a team that has had a cupcake schedule. Out of the 9 teams they've beaten, only one team is above .500 and that's the 7-5 Titans which they beat way back in Week 5. They haven't beaten any serious contenders. Their most impressive recent win was against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving...but the Cowboys aren't good either. They're 6-6 and need help getting into the Playoffs.

I still expect a tough game through the air though. The Bills are a poor man's 49ers. They play a similar style with a staunch defense and a game manager QB that doesn't put up a lot of points...but he's done enough to beat bad teams. The Bills have the #3 total defense and are #3 in Pass D and #15 in rushing. I expect the running attack to be effective again, but IDK how open our WRs and TE's will be. This looks like another Andrews/Boyle/Hurst type of game. Seeing as how we've beaten the 49ers and Patriots who also have Top 5 defenses...I don't see this being an issue.

I see similarities between the Bills and Ravens too, but Lamar has had much bigger games than Josh Allen. Overall both pass offenses aren't that great, but Lamar leads the league with 25 TDs whereas Allen only has 16. That's a huge difference of almost 10 TDs. So while Lamar doesn't put up huge numbers through the air, he scores a LOT and that ultimately matters more than air yards. I think this will be another game where we score under 30 (unless the defense gets a TD), but I don't think we'll need more than 30 to win it because I don't see the Bills offense scoring like crazy on us. Not with John Brown lol.

Speaking of Brown, this will be billed as a "revenge" game for him because he played with us last season.

Josh Allen is also fast, and from Lamar's draft class. So look for them to run similar offensive plays. It'll be interesting to see if they run in the Pistol formation against us.

QUESTION: Can the #1 and #2 seed come from the same division?

Re: Early Analysis of the Buffalo Bills

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDomination View Post
    QUESTION: Can the #1 and #2 seed come from the same division?
    Nope. The top 4 seeds are for the 4 division winners. The Bills are the 5 seed right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    Nope. The top 4 seeds are for the 4 division winners. The Bills are the 5 seed right now.
    I was wondering about that. So there's no way for the Bills to win and knock us out of the #2 spot on a tiebreaker or something. We just have to worry about the 8-4 Texans and 8-4 Chiefs...both 2 games behind us. We have the tiebreaker over the Texans, but not the Chiefs.

They're an interesting team.

They haven't beat anyone yet, but they're still a good squad. They have an identity and they own it.

They play hard every snap and they've rallied behind Josh Allen on O. Their D is very good. Similar to some of the elite corners we're seen, Tre'davious White will have a hard time making an impact on us. Guys like Ramsey and Gilmore couldn't really impact the game because we don't have a #1 WR to shut down. For example, Gilmore really limited Nuk last night and Hopkins had to beat the Patriots D elsewhere.

They have a stout front 4, but nothing we haven't seen before.

Very beatable. Ravens just need ot play their game and we can walk out with a win.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDomination View Post
    I was wondering about that. So there's no way for the Bills to win and knock us out of the #2 spot on a tiebreaker or something. We just have to worry about the 8-4 Texans and 8-4 Chiefs...both 2 games behind us. We have the tiebreaker over the Texans, but not the Chiefs.
    Correct. Only one AFC East team can compete with us for a bye week. It is possible for the Bills to overtake the Patriots and take home field advantage from us though. They'd probably have to beat us head-to-head to pull it off. It's even possible for all 3 of us (Bills, Pats, Us) to finish with the same record at the top of the conference, but if the Pats win their tie breakers vs the Bills, we'd outrank the Pats by virtue of head-to-head and the Bills by virtue of division winner status.

Blog Entries

I’m really not concerned at all about this game. Like this is really the lowest level of concern I’ve had during this win streak other than the Bengals. I don’t really know why people seem so worried about them either. They’ve beaten one team with a winning record and that was the pre-Tannehill Titans. This is going to be another 30 point blowout.

Key stat on the Bills side is they are 15th against the run. Need to attack the edge like we normally due. Niners were quite effective because they have one of the best blocking TEs in Kittle. Bills don't have that guy. In generally run the ball and take some deep shots every now and then.
    Allen is very mobile so have to find a way to keep him in the pocket. Let's hope we go back to our regular dime packages. It's proven very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I’m really not concerned at all about this game. Like this is really the lowest level of concern I’ve had during this win streak other than the Bengals. I don’t really know why people seem so worried about them either. They’ve beaten one team with a winning record and that was the pre-Tannehill Titans. This is going to be another 30 point blowout.
    Wish I had your optimism and confidence. I consider myself cautiously optimistic but there's always a few games every year where we have that meltdown. Last time that happened was week 4 against the browns. Just hoping we continue to defy the law of averages. This team is is different though so perhaps my concerns are overblown.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    Correct. Only one AFC East team can compete with us for a bye week. It is possible for the Bills to overtake the Patriots and take home field advantage from us though. They'd probably have to beat us head-to-head to pull it off. It's even possible for all 3 of us (Bills, Pats, Us) to finish with the same record at the top of the conference, but if the Pats win their tie breakers vs the Bills, we'd outrank the Pats by virtue of head-to-head and the Bills by virtue of division winner status.
    Seems to me that makes our job much, much easier. 3 wins combined with 1 Patriots loss and the Steelers game is meaningless.

We are finishing up a murderers row portion of our schedule. Bills away in the cold and damp then a quick turnaround on Thursday night. Sure would be nice if we can get the next two and the guys can rest going into our AFCN homestretch. Assuming the Pats lose one more and we beat the Browns we can play our backups against the Steelers.

Blog Entries

They are getting better every week and have a strong rushing attack to go with that defense. They beat the hell out of the Patriots earlier in the year but lost the game. they will be tough IMO

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Wish I had your optimism and confidence. I consider myself cautiously optimistic but there's always a few games every year where we have that meltdown. Last time that happened was week 4 against the browns. Just hoping we continue to defy the law of averages. This team is is different though so perhaps my concerns are overblown.
    I get the worry from being a long time Ravens fan, but what has this team done over the past 9 weeks to warrant being worried about them being blown out by anyone? This isn't the Ravens of a few years ago. We are a better team than the Bills and it's not really close. While they've been beating teams like the Slurs and Dolphins and Broncos, we've been dismantling actual playoff contenders left and right. You can only play who is on your schedule and they've taken care of business for the most part, but they haven't seen anything like what's about to hit them on Sunday.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I get the worry from being a long time Ravens fan, but what has this team done over the past 9 weeks to warrant being worried about them being blown out by anyone? This isn't the Ravens of a few years ago. We are a better team than the Bills and it's not really close. While they've been beating teams like the Slurs and Dolphins and Broncos, we've been dismantling actual playoff contenders left and right. You can only play who is on your schedule and they've taken care of business for the most part, but they haven't seen anything like what's about to hit them on Sunday.
    I'd say they have a puncher's chance if it rains. If there is no precipitation...well then, blow out city again.