Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 212223

Re: Early Analysis of the Buffalo Bills

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Absolutely going to need to get pressure with our front 4 and keep Allen in the pocket. He holds the ball a little longer than Tannehill.
    This is going to be the question and it bounces off what RWT posted just above. Is Wink going to dial up a blitz fest or does he go with a lot more simulated pressures and drop more into coverage.

If you play coverage, bracket Diggs at times, get Allen off his first read, keep him contained in the pocket, will he force things? Too much blitzing is a recipe for Diggs to go for like 8-10 catches. Beasley is another great blitz beater in the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Yannick seems to end up 5 yards behind the QB on every pass rush. Allen will run us to death if he's given an entire side of the field to escape to.
    Agreed, that cannot happen this week. If they let him escape to his arm side they're cooked.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Yannick seems to end up 5 yards behind the QB on every pass rush. Allen will run us to death if he's given an entire side of the field to escape to.
    drives me nuts when he does that. completely takes himself out of the play; would be better to stand the gap at the line

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Just comes down to a list of 3rd down possibilities. All the scenarios 3rd and 5, 3rd and 7, 3rd and 10, etc.

All the stuff is going to be analyzed and broken down probably was on Sunday night... then look at what their tendencies are on those downs, what defenses were called against them, and what the results were. Heavy duty analytics...... since they are going to do the same thing against us it's a cat and mouse game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NOLARavenFAN; 01-14-2021 at 11:52 AM.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    drives me nuts when he does that. completely takes himself out of the play; would be better to stand the gap at the line
    Depends on what's going on behind that. There are other ways to cover that gap, with blitzers, spies, and stunts. But it has to be coordinated.

I agree, if Yannick freelances and leaves lanes wide open, that will be a problem. But we haven't been playing mobile QBs lately. Wink and Yannick are not stupid. You can leave that gap against Phillip Rivers. It's a different story against Allen, and I think they know that.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Re: Yannick & Wink's approach, I believe we'll see a mix of coverages & presures to keep Allen off balance. Blitzes (5 or 6 rushers) around 30-40% of the time. I also expect the vast majority blitzes to come from the defensive left side i.e. their offensive right/Allen's stronghand side.

Above all else we can't let him roll right with impunity that is his bread & butter.

Cycling back to Yannick since he's typically coming from defensive right/Allen's blindside i think his aggressive upfield maneuvers will at least, & at worst, force Allen to scramble to his left...which would be the best case scramble scenario for us.

Will be a chess match between Daboll & Martindale thats for dang sure.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Depends on what's going on behind that. There are other ways to cover that gap, with blitzers, spies, and stunts. But it has to be coordinated.

I agree, if Yannick freelances and leaves lanes wide open, that will be a problem. But we haven't been playing mobile QBs lately. Wink and Yannick are not stupid. You can leave that gap against Phillip Rivers. It's a different story against Allen, and I think they know that.
    It's not about the gap to me, it's about taking himself out of the play. But in previous games he's been pretty disruptive even if not getting stats

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!