Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Another example of the left shoving their politics down our throat at sporting events

Both sides should appreciate the irony of a climate denier grieving the interruption of an Ivy League event. That's beautiful.... that's poetic... that's the Trump supporter in a nutshell... that's a mic drop.

Re: Another example of the left shoving their politics down our throat at sporting events

Nobody advocates shutting them down. But their rights, no matter what glorious cause they represent, don't trump somebody's right to use the road freely.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelious View Post
    Both sides should appreciate the irony of a climate denier grieving the interruption of an Ivy League event. That's beautiful.... that's poetic... that's the Trump supporter in a nutshell... that's a mic drop.
    You really think that Ivy Leagues represent conservative values in any way??? Where the hell would you get that idea? That's actually 100% the opposite. It would be liberals protesting a liberal event. The only aspect of this entire thing is that conservatives love football and tradition... outside of that... this was left on left hate crime lol.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    You really think that Ivy Leagues represent conservative values in any way??? Where the hell would you get that idea? That's actually 100% the opposite. It would be liberals protesting a liberal event. The only aspect of this entire thing is that conservatives love football and tradition... outside of that... this was left on left hate crime lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Look up! See it???? That was my point. This thread is the gets better with age.

It's never bothered me personally. Politics has been intertwined in sports for decades now. For right or wrong, good or bad, its here to stay.

Im secure in my political positions. If someone has a different one, I couldn't care less.

In an age where apathy is the dominant political opinion, Im fine if an athlete or celebrity wishes to express theirs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCityRaven View Post
    It's never bothered me personally. Politics has been intertwined in sports for decades now. For right or wrong, good or bad, its here to stay.

Im secure in my political positions. If someone has a different one, I couldn't care less.

In an age where apathy is the dominant political opinion, Im fine if an athlete or celebrity wishes to express theirs.
    Are you ok with people interfering with the normal procession of an event?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Are you ok with people interfering with the normal procession of an event?
    Non violent protest is a hallmark of this country dating back to its founding.

It’s monumentally stupid to cut off access to a sporting event if your hope is to gain support. But I have no issue with their right to protest.

Blog Entries

It’s monumentally stupid to cut off access to a sporting event if your hope is to gain support. But I have no issue with their right to protest.
    Protesting is one thing.

Deliberately interfering with an event is something entirely different. At that point, you're infringing on other people.

Another example would be people blocking traffic because they're protesting. Is it non-violent? Sure, but it's still not ok because you're interfering with everyone else.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Protesting is one thing.

Deliberately interfering with an event is something entirely different. At that point, you're infringing on other people.

Another example would be people blocking traffic because they're protesting. Is it non-violent? Sure, but it's still not ok because you're interfering with everyone else.
    I wouldn’t put blocking a sporting event on par with blocking traffic. Sit ins and the like have been a tactic for decades.

Blocking traffic directly puts others in harms way. Blocking a sporting event is an inconvenience.

Actually... you know what... I used to have a similar stance, and I'll admit that I've been caught up in the rage-mob of conservatives being outraged by this kind of stuff. I need to change back to being more like you. Let them protest... doing things like blocking a highway, or stopping a sporting event brings negative attention to what you are protesting. It makes people dig in against your stance of what you are supporting. Go ahead and do it, but just know... you're kind of an idiot.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead