Russia Inquiry Review Is Said to Criticize F.B.I. but Rebuff Claims of Biased Acts

A watchdog report will portray the pursuit of a wiretap of an ex-Trump adviser as sloppy, but it also debunks some accusations by Trump allies of F.B.I. wrongdoing.
    A highly anticipated report by the Justice Department’s inspector general is expected to sharply criticize lower-level F.B.I. officials as well as bureau leaders involved in the early stages of the Trump-Russia investigation, but to absolve the top ranks of abusing their powers out of bias against President Trump, according to people briefed on a draft.Investigators for the inspector general, Michael E. Horowitz, uncovered errors and omissions in documents related to the wiretapping of a former Trump campaign adviser, Carter Page — including that a low-level lawyer, Kevin Clinesmith, altered an email that officials used to prepare to seek court approval to renew the wiretap, the people said.
    In particular, while Mr. Horowitz criticizes F.B.I. leadership for its handling of the highly fraught Russia investigation in some ways, he made no finding of politically biased actions by top officials Mr. Trump has vilified like the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey; Andrew G. McCabe, the former deputy who temporarily ran the bureau after the president fired Mr. Comey in 2017; and Peter Strzok, a former top counterintelligence agent.
    In a phone call on Friday to “Fox & Friends,” Mr. Trump played up the initial revelations to claim that “they were spying on my campaign and it went right to the top and everybody knows it and now we’re going to find out” and “they tried to overthrow the presidency.” The accounts of Mr. Horowitz’s findings do not support that assertion.
    And in other crucial respects, the draft inspector general report is said not to corroborate conspiracy theories and insinuations offered by Mr. Trump and his allies about the early stages of the Russia investigation, before Mr. Mueller was appointed as special counsel and took it over.
    For example, the draft report also concludes that the F.B.I. had enough evidence to meet the legal standard for opening the investigation, though Mr. Horowitz emphasized that the bar is low, the people said.
    The report is also said to conclude that Joseph Mifsud, a Russia-linked professor who told a Trump campaign official that Russia had damaging information on Mrs. Clinton in the form of hacked Democratic emails — a key fact used to open the investigation — was not an F.B.I. informant. That undercuts an assertion of conservative critics of the inquiry.
    None of the evidence used to open the investigation came from the C.I.A. or from a notorious dossier of claims about Trump-Russia ties compiled by Christopher Steele, a former British intelligence agent whose research was funded by Democrats, the report concludes, according to the people briefed on it.
    oy vey

Re: Russia Inquiry Review Is Said to Criticize F.B.I. but Rebuff Claims of Biased Acts

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    oy vey
    Uh huh! Everyone knows how biased the FBI leaders were. If Horowitz couldn’t find it, he didn’t look very hard.

Re: Russia Inquiry Review Is Said to Criticize F.B.I. but Rebuff Claims of Biased Acts

Another Republican fake scandal going no where.

Obama's BC
    Solyndra
    Fast and frivilous
    IRS
    Benghazi
    Hillary (v.1.0 - v.1.9999)
    Bidens
    Deep State

I'm sure I missed another half a dozen. It's so easy being a conservative politician.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelious View Post
    Another Republican fake scandal going no where.

Obama's BC
    Solyndra
    Fast and frivilous
    IRS
    Benghazi
    Hillary (v.1.0 - v.1.9999)
    Bidens
    Deep State

I'm sure I missed another half a dozen. It's so easy being a conservative politician.
    Wow! You really don’t think the majority of these things are true? You must be a special kind of stupid. Indisputable facts! The only questionable one is the birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Wow! You really don’t think the majority of these things are true? You must be a special kind of stupid. Indisputable facts! The only questionable one is the birth certificate.
    He still thinks trump is a Russian spy with special powers that brainwashed many lib voters and also prevented Hillary from campaigning in swing states.

Galen idolizes trump and sees him as a super smart villain with super powers