Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: What's been bothering me most about LJ8's haters...

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    I was one. I followed him closely for the first ten years of his career. He was a rookie starter on the expansion Vikings and had a bad offensive line at the beginning which fed into his scrambling. He got hurt less than any other starting QB of that era that I can recall. Tarkenton had fewer designed runs than Lamar. But at least when the QB is on a designed run there is more control over how and where he goes down than when he is in the pocket and going through reads.
    Thank you! That's really cool to hear. You should consider going to do a filmstudy short about the topic.

Blog Entries

I could not care less what people say about him. their loss

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    They still have those?
    For as long as they have methamphetamine they will

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I mean, Jackson has over 100 carries on the season. He's definitely taken contact on, at least, a third of those carries. That would put him right at the top of the list for QB hits. Look at how many times he's been hit in the pocket? I have more fingers than he has hits in the pocket. Yet, let's give the guy 10 bleedin' carries.
    Sounds far better than 10 bleedin 2 yard checkdowns

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    IMO it's less you "wanting him to get hurt" than calling dibs on saying I told you so! if he does. (Although it would not surprise me if there's some dusty corner of your subconscious that would find it Schadenfreudelicious.) And I have no doubt that should that day come - no matter how many years it might take - you will drag this thread out of cold storage & brag about how "right" you were. It's a no-lose proposition, amirite?
    This is so true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    I really can't remember who pointed out that Fran Tarkenton, Mr That's Incredible, played 18 seasons, playing QB like Lamar is playing and didn't suffer significant injury.
    I'm going to start with some physics:

K.E. = 1/2 m v2

Simple enough right? But the difference in being in accident at 40 vs 60 is more than double the energy, and your body absorbs that energy when you hit against the air bag or windshield or whatever.

Point is the modern NFL is bigger (m+) and faster (v+). That's part of the concussion problem too. We're pushing human bodies to the limit. Injury free careers seldom happen, and when they do it's statistical anomaly (aka luck).

Can't compare old times and new is my point.

Also,
    SCIENCE.......... BITCH.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    I'm going to start with some physics:

K.E. = 1/2 m v2

Simple enough right? But the difference in being in accident at 40 vs 60 is more than double the energy, and your body absorbs that energy when you hit against the air bag or windshield or whatever.

Point is the modern NFL is bigger (m+) and faster (v+). That's part of the concussion problem too. We're pushing human bodies to the limit. Injury free careers seldom happen, and when they do it's statistical anomaly (aka luck).

Can't compare old times and new is my point.

Also,
    SCIENCE.......... BITCH.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    When Lamar gets tackled it's a fender bender by a Honda Civic vs. a head on collision by a mack truck.

Blog Entries

You STILL don’t get it Ex.
    Of course the offense could still function IF Lamar ran less.

But why would any choose to have a suboptimal offense?

Why would you take carries away from one of the most explosive runners in the NFL?

Why would you run your offense in a manner that places unnecessary onus on the two weakest personnel groups on the team (interior OL and WRs)?

I truly don’t understand the logic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    You STILL don’t get it Ex.
    Of course the offense could still function IF Lamar ran less.

But why would any choose to have a suboptimal offense?

Why would you take carries away from one of the most explosive runners in the NFL?

Why would you run your offense in a manner that places unnecessary onus on the two weakest personnel groups on the team (interior OL and WRs)?

I truly don’t understand the logic.
    There is no logic. Some people feel like LJ should do nothing but pass from the pocket, period, point blank, and circumstances be damned! They don't care if we lose games doing this - then they'll be able to gloat "I told you so" - ::shrugs::

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    There is no logic. Some people feel like LJ should do nothing but pass from the pocket, period, point blank, and circumstances be damned! They don't care if we lose games doing this - then they'll be able to gloat "I told you so" - ::shrugs::
    But they wouldn’t even be able to say that Lamar would put up huge production numbers. It would be a lose-lose situation for those that think Lamar “needs” this offense. If you let Lamar throw 35+ times a game it would dispel the notion about Lamar’s limitations as a passer. I’m thinking 3rd year Matt Stafford numbers. Lamar would be out there slinging the ball around and making wow scramble plays. But it would expose some of the limitations with the interior OL and WRs and reduce the efficiency/productivity of the run game.

The Raven’s offense wouldn’t be nearly as productive or efficient the defense would be on the field more so the team as a whole wouldn’t be as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    I really can't remember who pointed out that Fran Tarkenton, Mr That's Incredible, played 18 seasons, playing QB like Lamar is playing and didn't suffer significant injury.
    In a much more physical league no less. Albeit with smaller players.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I don't blame you. I too live in the DC area and did during the 2012 season. I always tell myself it's different with Lamar but I'd be lying if I said I didn't worry now and then. At least the Ravens have an EXPONENTIALLY better organization than that team in RALJOHN

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Remember - EVERY PLAYER IN THE NFL is only one injury away from watching the NFL from the couch the rest of their lives. Those injuries can happen running, in the pocket, in practice at their own homes. Play on. LJ8 MVP!