Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: What's been bothering me most about LJ8's haters...

Quote Originally Posted by OtherSideofThePillow View Post
    I get the argument of whether or not people want to argue if this is "Sustainable " just for arguments sake or lack of topics. but the amount of people it seems like that WANT this man to injure himself just so they can say "told you so" is disappointing. I get not wanting to root for LJ8 If your apart of another fanbase but wishing injury on someone is just low.

ESPECIALLY considering Lamar is the most exciting player to watch right now. Opposing players like A.rodgers and other NFL players have stated he is there favorite player to watch. Why would u want to see a player like this injured not living up to his potential.

Last year Mahomes was blockbuster. As much as I wanted to beat them..I also wanted to watch him play bc it was great football. Michael Vick/Moss were other players that I just needed to watch regardless of then not being a Raven bc they were good for FOOTBALL.

I go on all the other teams forums and it's sad how many people think like this.
    OSOTP - did you get your name from Rush or Stewart Scott quoting Rush?

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    And no, I don't mean that Bloviating gasbag, though I am taking about a heroin junkie

3. Re: What's been bothering me most about LJ8's haters...

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I can't even find any Lamar Jackson haters anymore. Even PFT where the Ravens get bashed in comments with every is now full of love for Jackson. It's impossible to hate this guy.
    Theres a couple left.

Stephen A smith seems to have changed up his tone alittle over the last week

Jason Whitlock dedicated the first 10 mins of his show the other day stating he done doubting Lamar.

I think Steve young is another who is still saying "yeaaa but "

Either way you guys all know IF...IFFFFF... Lamar gets hurt..its gonna be a lot of "I told you so"

4. Re: What's been bothering me most about LJ8's haters...

Stewart Scott lol

Quote Originally Posted by OtherSideofThePillow View Post
    Theres a couple left.

Stephen A smith seems to have changed up his tone alittle over the last week

Jason Whitlock dedicated the first 10 mins of his show the other day stating he done doubting Lamar.

I think Steve young is another who is still saying "yeaaa but "

Either way you guys all know IF...IFFFFF... Lamar gets hurt..its gonna be a lot of "I told you so"
    Stephen A. Needs volume control built into his head

I will admit. I was more worried about Lamar getting killed last year. He didn't have as much awareness and unwisely took hits trying to extend the play. This season, when Lamar is on the run, he looks like Neo from the Matrix dodging would be tacklers. I have not seen many clean shots this season that made me cringe. Even in the pocket he has great awareness when a defender is near, and moves appropriately. He not taking a lot of sacks either

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

People compare his running to Gale Sayers. But you know what's even better than that is the doctors they have today compared to the 60s. So I'm not worried about Lamar

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Question Re: What's been bothering me most about LJ8's haters...

Question : Don't QBs, known as "pocket passers", get hurt? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    One of the "poundits" actually made a worthwhile comment the other day (yeah, I know, alert the media!) about LJ running. He pointed out that by all evidence Lamar senses when he's about to be tackled & turns his body into the hit so he can take it on a fairly resilient part of the body. This minimizes the chance of injury.

The almost-funny corollary is that #8 is likely to have a longer career as a QB than he would have if he'd switched to WR. When receivers extend themselves to make catches they prioritize the ball & tend to give up any control on where & how they'll be hit.
    He's like a great boxer who covers up when absorbing blows. To the untrained eye you think he s getting pummeled, but in reality the punches are landing on his arms or just glancing blows.

*The first time Lamar is listed as questionable on the injury report in year 3*

Haters: I fucking told you, he will never be the same, all his explosiveness is gone, just like RG3, this is the end, he will never be anything more than a career backup

*Plays anyway and scores 4 TD's*

Haters: They put him on deer antler spray, you wait until the NFL tests him, he's juiced to the gills! Cheater!

I really can't remember who pointed out that Fran Tarkenton, Mr That's Incredible, played 18 seasons, playing QB like Lamar is playing and didn't suffer significant injury.
    I was one. I followed him closely for the first ten years of his career. He was a rookie starter on the expansion Vikings and had a bad offensive line at the beginning which fed into his scrambling. He got hurt less than any other starting QB of that era that I can recall. Tarkenton had fewer designed runs than Lamar. But at least when the QB is on a designed run there is more control over how and where he goes down than when he is in the pocket and going through reads.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Agreed. He is likeable on and off the field. Only people that hate him are opponents
    I’m not so sure that’s a majority opinion these days. My neighbor is a Browns fan and he admits how special Lamar has become.