Page 1 of 20 123 ... LastLast

What's been bothering me most about LJ8's haters...

I get the argument of whether or not people want to argue if this is "Sustainable " just for arguments sake or lack of topics. but the amount of people it seems like that WANT this man to injure himself just so they can say "told you so" is disappointing. I get not wanting to root for LJ8 If your apart of another fanbase but wishing injury on someone is just low.

ESPECIALLY considering Lamar is the most exciting player to watch right now. Opposing players like A.rodgers and other NFL players have stated he is there favorite player to watch. Why would u want to see a player like this injured not living up to his potential.

Last year Mahomes was blockbuster. As much as I wanted to beat them..I also wanted to watch him play bc it was great football. Michael Vick/Moss were other players that I just needed to watch regardless of then not being a Raven bc they were good for FOOTBALL.

I go on all the other teams forums and it's sad how many people think like this.

Re: What's been bothering me most about LJ8's haters...

People seem to have this narrative that every QB that is classified as a "running" qb is one injury away from becoming RG3. While indeed that's possible, RG3 was also a pretty rare case. I mean, even if you look at actual running backs in the league, it's not like every single young running back who gets a knee injury is done in the NFL. No, the majority of the time, the rehab their injury and rejoin the rotation next season. I don't know why it's different when discussing Lamar. I guess when you play QB the narrative is different, IDK.

3. Re: What's been bothering me most about LJ8's haters...

The last thing I want is for LJ to get hurt...but I'm preparing myself as a fan for it. I live in Redskins territory and know a bit about that team, and I can't help worrying that LJ will end up like RGIII. He (RGIII) was electrifying at first, but his body just isn't built to withstand the pounding that a running NFL QB takes. LJ has a similar body type...just makes me nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by ColtsWho? View Post
    The last thing I want is for LJ to get hurt...but I'm preparing myself as a fan for it. I live in Redskins territory and know a bit about that team, and I can't help worrying that LJ will end up like RGIII. He (RGIII) was electrifying at first, but his body just isn't built to withstand the pounding that a running NFL QB takes. LJ has a similar body type...just makes me nervous.
    Lamar doesn't absorb the hits that RG3 did. Also RG3 ultimately got done in by the Redskins who didn't force him to sit and heal properly. RG3 might have been ok if he sat out the rest of the season after his first knee injury. But being the Redskins and them sniffing any chance of the playoffs brought back RG3 to play when they had no business playing him.

5. Re: What's been bothering me most about LJ8's haters...

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Lamar doesn't absorb the hits that RG3 did. Also RG3 ultimately got done in by the Redskins who didn't force him to sit and heal properly. RG3 might have been ok if he sat out the rest of the season after his first knee injury. But being the Redskins and them sniffing any chance of the playoffs brought back RG3 to play when they had no business playing him.
    Yeah, RGIII never learned how to slide and, as a result, took unnecessary hits. And, yes, the Deadskins should never have let him play with his bad knee. But he still wasn't durable and I think a lot of it has to do with his body type...which is similar to Lamar (although Lamar does have some more meat on his bones). Again...just makes me nervous.

Blog Entries

One of the "poundits" actually made a worthwhile comment the other day (yeah, I know, alert the media!) about LJ running. He pointed out that by all evidence Lamar senses when he's about to be tackled & turns his body into the hit so he can take it on a fairly resilient part of the body. This minimizes the chance of injury.

The almost-funny corollary is that #8 is likely to have a longer career as a QB than he would have if he'd switched to WR. When receivers extend themselves to make catches they prioritize the ball & tend to give up any control on where & how they'll be hit.

Blog Entries

I can't even find any Lamar Jackson haters anymore. Even PFT where the Ravens get bashed in comments with every is now full of love for Jackson. It's impossible to hate this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ColtsWho? View Post
    Yeah, RGIII never learned how to slide and, as a result, took unnecessary hits. And, yes, the Deadskins should never have let him play with his bad knee. But he still wasn't durable and I think a lot of it has to do with his body type...which is similar to Lamar (although Lamar does have some more meat on his bones). Again...just makes me nervous.
    I don't blame you. I too live in the DC area and did during the 2012 season. I always tell myself it's different with Lamar but I'd be lying if I said I didn't worry now and then. At least the Ravens have an EXPONENTIALLY better organization than that team in RALJOHN

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I can't even find any Lamar Jackson haters anymore. Even PFT where the Ravens get bashed in comments with every is now full of love for Jackson. It's impossible to hate this guy.
    Agreed. He is likeable on and off the field. Only people that hate him are opponents

Im with you. It's now trendy to like the narrative that 'he took the next step in his game and became a passer." They still get last season's narrative wrong, but at least he's getting credit for this season.

They're even getting the defensive narrative right about the midseason roster moves. The scheme magic, the Tight Ends, Ricard.... were too hot right now for the pundits to not study up on. We're not some 8-8 mid market team they can ignore to bring you a some hot take about the cowboys.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by guymf4; 11-21-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Even Dungey has given up his "yeah but he can't pass take" that fucking weasel didn't own up to it, but at least he is on board now.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

I really can't remember who pointed out that Fran Tarkenton, Mr That's Incredible, played 18 seasons, playing QB like Lamar is playing and didn't suffer significant injury.