Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Is it that Trump didn't do it? Or that maybe he did, but it's no big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Intent is incredibly important here.

The problem is intent is terribly difficult to prove or disprove. It’s likely resulting in a stalemate.
    So – I take your position as closest to "A" (from my OP). The actions that the Dems allege would be disturbing/problematic: but the evidence is murky, burden of proof pretty high and not met.

Yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    You are trying to have too many conversations at once. Start at the beginning of this thread and just read our conversation. You will understand
    I assume you don't mean "this" thread, but the "impending impeachment" thread? Fuck no, not doing that.

I don't understand why this question isn't straightforward and easy to answer.
    Either:
    The actions that the Dems allege to Trump's part would be disturbing & problematic; but they haven't produced the evidence.
    Or:
    Even if the Dems "prove" their version of what happened, it still wouldn't amount to misconduct by Trump. Just standard operation of foreign policy in the real world.

Right? I would think that a Trump supporter would believe that one of those things has to be true.

I get that in either scenario, a Trump supporter could potentially think other things are ALSO true. Like if "B" above, then maybe the Dems know it wouldn't be misconduct, they are just cynically generating a smearing news cycle. And so forth: plenty of possible co-incident things with either of those two stances. But my main curiousity was the core view of the impeachment allegations.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    So – I take your position as closest to "A" (from my OP). The actions that the Dems allege would be disturbing/problematic: but the evidence is murky, burden of proof pretty high and not met.

Yeah?
    Basically.

I think it is accurate to say that Trump wanted Ukraine to investigate Burisma and the 2016 election theories. I also think it’s fair to say that he wanted them to initiate that investigation before he released $$$ to them.

I would bet that Trump’s intentions were primarily focused on Burisma and 2016, not Joe Biden and 2020.

The problem is there is a lot of crossover there (politically). So, it’s pretty easy to get from A to B to C.

It’s just incredibly hard to prove intent. Therefore, I don’t think the impeachment will result in much of anything except for political fodder for the 2020 election.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

True, I did not detail the allegation in the OP. I thought it was well understood what the topic of the hearings is.

(BTW I was editing my last when you posted, restating the original question.)

I take this to mean that your stance is "A" (from my OP): the action described would be disturbing, but the evidence shows that it didn't happen. Yeah?
    Well partially. I don’t think it happened, at least the way described.
    I believe trump did want corruption investigated, from Burisma and what happened to the money to how much did they interefere in the election and who in the us was part of it. I think that is well within Presidential powers.
    I certainly don’t give a rats ass that trump went around state and didn’t use the ‘proper’ bureaucratic process.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I believe trump did want corruption investigated, from Burisma and what happened to the money to how much did they interefere in the election and who in the us was part of it. I think that is well within Presidential powers.
    I certainly don’t give a rats ass that trump went around state and didn’t use the ‘proper’ bureaucratic process.

6. Re: Is it that Trump didn't do it? Or that maybe he did, but it's no big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCityRaven View Post
    Man, did I bang your mother? Piss in your Wheaties?

What’s with the hostility? I think we can disagree without insults, no?
    No, my mother, when alive, would always have preferred a real man. That's just the way she was.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Asking for an investigation is well within presidential authority?
    Or holding up congressionally-approved military aid to an ally, until they jump an additional hurdle, is within presidential authority?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    You are trying to have too many conversations at once. Start at the beginning of this thread and just read our conversation. You will understand
    I'm a dumb. This thread should have started as a POLL; and that means I would have needed to make A & B in the original post mutually exclusive, rather than things that someone could answer "Both!" too.

Please indulge me: I'm gonna try this again, in a new thread. Sorry for the spam / wasted bandwidth / redundant stuff.

Or holding up congressionally-approved military aid to an ally, until they jump an additional hurdle, is within presidential authority?
    Yep

I assume you don't mean "this" thread, but the "impending impeachment" thread? Fuck no, not doing that.

I don't understand why this question isn't straightforward and easy to answer.
    Either:
    The actions that the Dems allege to Trump's part would be disturbing & problematic; but they haven't produced the evidence.
    Or:
    Even if the Dems "prove" their version of what happened, it still wouldn't amount to misconduct by Trump. Just standard operation of foreign policy in the real world.

Right? I would think that a Trump supporter would believe that one of those things has to be true.

I get that in either scenario, a Trump supporter could potentially think other things are ALSO true. Like if "B" above, then maybe the Dems know it wouldn't be misconduct, they are just cynically generating a smearing news cycle. And so forth: plenty of possible co-incident things with either of those two stances. But my main curiousity was the core view of the impeachment allegations.
    You still didn’t go back and read my replies. If you take 2 mins to do that, you will get all of your questions answered.

If you remove Biden, I don't think there's any question both of those things are well within the realm of a President's power. It's only murky at all if he was after Biden being investigated specifically.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk