Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Weddle not sharing

Meanwhile Peters came here during the season and I bet he's telling everything. LOLOL!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Weddle not sharing

This story is surfacing on my facebook feed and the more I think about it it's just ridiculous. The team has changed significantly since he left. The offensive playbook is brand new. The defense has like 10 new additions since the start of this season alone. What exactly is he going to tell?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDomination View Post
    What does he have to share? This is an entirely different offense under Greg Roman. Perhaps they wanted him to share something about the defense.
    Overall I think there's very limited value in picking ex players brains. Mainly they are interested in defensive calls, etc. Let's say in 2018 if Weddle yelled out "Jam" that meant "cover 3." Now if Weddle goes to the Rams and tells them "Jam means cover 3", how confident are you, if you're Sean McVay, taking that to the bank? Like the Ravens can't just change the name from Jam to Bail or something?

Plus we have so many new players on defense. And Martindale is anything but predictable. So I honestly think the Rams would be wasting prep time trying to mine Weddle for defensive details that in all likelihood are obsolete.

Of course he's telling, some of you are buying this shit? LOL
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Meanwhile Peters came here during the season and I bet he's telling everything. LOLOL!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    And he should. It's not personal. It's business. This is why when I saw that Weddle allegedly said this, the B.S. Siren started blaring.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Of course he's telling, some of you are buying this shit? LOL
    There's some stupid people out there.
    Last edited by Raveninwoodlawn; 11-21-2019 at 03:36 PM. Reason: No Politics!

Quote Originally Posted by Quoth the Raven View Post
    If he was going to share info he'd just do it. Why would he specifically say he won't be doing it. Why add an unnecessary lie? Weddle by all reports is a good guy. I think it says something about you if you believe that everyone just lies freely and unnecessarily.
    And it speaks volumes that you do.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    There's some stupid people out there.
    No politics please...has absolutely nothing to do with this thread
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Whether or not he would have anything of value to share anyway (doubtful), to me the biggest thing with this is the respect yet another player has for this organization. I think it speaks volumes with players that haven´t spent more than a couple of years with the Ravens still wanna retire a Raven, only has good things to say about the club and so on. Makes me happy and proud to support the Ravens.

Even if he does. It'll make about the same difference as what Justin Bethel shared.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    No, but he knows the Ravens defense backwards and forwards. So, he has things that could help the Rams offense. (And it certainly needs all the help it can get this season.)
    This

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I believe him because this an old story. We’re just becoming privy now because we’re playing the Rams but he said he wouldn’t give inside information on us when we signed him. He echoed that later in the season when he was ranting about Jamal Adams and how shitty organizations lie to players. Weddle is a lot of things but I don’t think he’d put his reputation on the line as a counterintelligence play.

Obviously he would comment on anything that can be observed on film but he’s not going to deal on our process.

The guy talks to Harbaugh almost every day and he will be back in the building the moment the Rams cut him after this season. I’m looking forward to having him back in Humphrey’s ear.