Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Weddle not sharing

Nice to see the loyalty even after being cut.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...mpression=true

Re: Weddle not sharing

Will always be one of my favs

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Love to see him come back for a one day contract and retire a Raven. Great guy

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    Love to see him come back for a one day contract and retire a Raven. Great guy
    I'd love to see him come back for a contract to become the next Ravens head coach!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

That's a man who respects confidentiality and has respect for himself. I work as many do, in technology and it's common for folks to switch companies and then run their mouths about the company they just left. I have never respected these people. Much better to just say "I wouldn't talk about this company after I left and please respect the fact that I can't talk about my prior company".

mad respect

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

B.S.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

I translate that as he's not taking about insider stuff like calls and etc but field stuff and tendency and anything that anyone could observe is fair game even though he has a better perspective than most. Which I think is very classy. I think he is considering coaching after playing and he's not going to endanger that for short term crap. However if you think he didn't give all the info he had that's fair game, you're out of your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    I translate that as he's not taking about insider stuff like calls and etc but field stuff and tendency and anything that anyone could observe is fair game even though he has a better perspective than most. Which I think is very classy. I think he is considering coaching after playing and he's not going to endanger that for short term crap. However if you think he didn't give all the info he had that's fair game, you're out of your mind.
    Exactly. Besides he wouldn't know any of Roman's calls anyways. Remember the offense was totally remade. Lamar's words.

Totally unrelated to anything in this thread but it's funny how unpleasant people often assume bad motives from others, like liars always assume others are lying etc.

Weddle is such a good guy and a smart player. I'd love to see back coaching here when he retires.

Blog Entries

not surprised at the comments above considering source

“I said it whenever I did that last interview, I have a lot of respect for that place,” Weddle said. “Not only how it helped my career and rejuvenated my career, and how they treated myself and my family, but it’s a very tight-knit group. What kind of man would I be if I just turned my back on all of them?”]Sean McVay was asked about Weddle’s decision during Wednesday’s press conference, and it’s no surprise that he respects his decision. McVay said “it’s a small demonstration of why he’s a special guy,” understanding why he wouldn’t want to share intel on his former teammates.[/COLOR]
    https://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...secrets-intel/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

John Gruden shared a ton of info on the Raiders in Super Bowl 37. So much so that he was pretending to be Rich Gannon in practice. It was obvious once the game was played. If Gruden can do that I don't think anyone will bat an eye if Weddle did share something. I'm sure it happens all the time.

But, like Iamjacks said, I would assume Weddle is sharing tendencies on the field (all of which is caught on film) etc, just not the behind the scenes stuff. Here's the catch, this is a totally different team than last year. I'm not sure what he's going to share that would help. Everyone knows Lamar is going to get his share of runs, but you still have to have the talent and scheme to stop it.

While noble, I have a hard time believing Weddle isn't going to share any kind of intel.
    Honestly don't think it would matter much because due to execution and injury issues Wink had to incorporate a lot of different stuff scheme wise to make everything work.