Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Was all the Josh Allen interest in 2018 actually a smokescreen?

Yes I remember reading they did have interest

Some people are really overthinking this. Yes, the Ravens had interest, I remember it distinctly. That's not surprising in the slightest because their QB at the time was 34 years old, frequently injured, and had a hefty contract they knew they could get out of. I would think the Ravens were interested in all of the QBs in the 2018 draft class. They thought Allen had a chance to drop since he was such a polarizing prospect, and he would have been worth a look at where the Ravens were picking. We should all be happy it worked out the way it did of course.

I remember hearing interest in Josh Allen as well. Also interest in Baker Mayfield before he shot up into, well, number 1.

Honestly the only person talking about Ravens interest in potentially taking Lamar at 16 was Jason LaCanfora.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Harbaugh at least talked to him about coming to the Ravens at some point, there's audio of him telling Lamar - "remember when I told you that this was a possibility?" so they did interview him at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by justifythegame View Post
    There was a lot of information out that the Ravens were very interested in Josh Allen. Apparantley ravens scouts were watching him, experts were starting the Ravens would be watching if he would drop to him, etc. With how everything turned out, it actually makes me think the Ravens spent a lot of time to and effort to make sure they would get their real target, Lamar Jackson. Almost feel like they went out of their way not to associate with Lamar pre-draft.
    The ravens intentionally keeping a low profile on Lamar is now well documented. Jeff Z from the Athletic published an article a while back about the how the ravens went our of their way to not be seen as being interested in Lamar. They didn't request any formal interview at the combine and Lamar's visit to the castle pre draft was top secret. But I have not heard/read about any interest towards Josh Allen as way to deflect attention away from Lamar. Where did you read this?

I don't know if attending Josh Allen's workout could be construed as "being interested" when half the league was there. As one poster mentioned earlier it was a "due diligence" thing

He was a top QB prospect in the draft, almost every team had *interest* in him

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenaholic View Post
    If you're using Google, you can do an advanced search based on author date. Definitely helps for historical research.
    Really? I’ll definitely check that out thank you!

Blog Entries

I do like what the Bills are doing - a coach with a vision and a GM that supports it. I think they have their QB too

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I do like what the Bills are doing - a coach with a vision and a GM that supports it. I think they have their QB too
    That game should be a fun one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Finding old sports articles is so hard because the entire hobby is predicated upon the latest information, but I specifically remember multiple articles, a Late for Work vividly, about this. But through google this is all I could dig up: https://russellstreetreport.com/2017...ng-josh-allen/
    That's 8 months before the draft. They scout tons of players every year but that's doesn't mean they are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    The ravens intentionally keeping a low profile on Lamar is now well documented. Jeff Z from the Athletic published an article a while back about the how the ravens went our of their way to not be seen as being interested in Lamar. They didn't request any formal interview at the combine and Lamar's visit to the castle pre draft was top secret. But I have not heard/read about any interest towards Josh Allen as way to deflect attention away from Lamar. Where did you read this?
    Semi- off topic but did the Ravens really risk exposing their super secret plan to draft Lamar by bringing him into town and having him visit the Castle? Lucky nobody at airport saw him. How did nobody at the Castle know about this meeting?