Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Was all the Josh Allen interest in 2018 actually a smokescreen?

There was a lot of information out that the Ravens were very interested in Josh Allen. Apparantley ravens scouts were watching him, experts were starting the Ravens would be watching if he would drop to him, etc. With how everything turned out, it actually makes me think the Ravens spent a lot of time to and effort to make sure they would get their real target, Lamar Jackson. Almost feel like they went out of their way not to associate with Lamar pre-draft.

Re: Was all the Josh Allen interest in 2018 actually a smokescreen?

I literally didn't hear that once

I’ve read that the Ravens didn’t interview Lamar to avoid tipping off their interest.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Same, I don’t have any recollection of the Ravens being interested in Allen.

The Ravens usually keep things close to the vest and you never hear anything about what players they covet before the draft.

5. Re: Was all the Josh Allen interest in 2018 actually a smokescreen?

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I’ve read that the Ravens didn’t interview Lamar to avoid tipping off their interest.
    Read that earlier this week as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Finding old sports articles is so hard because the entire hobby is predicated upon the latest information, but I specifically remember multiple articles, a Late for Work vividly, about this. But through google this is all I could dig up: https://russellstreetreport.com/2017...ng-josh-allen/

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Finding old sports articles is so hard because the entire hobby is predicated upon the latest information, but I specifically remember multiple articles, a Late for Work vividly, about this. But through google this is all I could dig up: https://russellstreetreport.com/2017...ng-josh-allen/
    That's from September 2017 which was 7 months before the draft. I'm going to say there is no smoke to this if that is the only article out there.

If there was, I’m glad I didn’t see it because I would’ve been furious lol.

He’s proving me wrong, but I wouldn’t have touched him before, like, the third round.

Even if...
    Tyrod Taylor - to the hiring of Greg Roman- to the signing of RG3- to the draft- then to LJ8... that is honestly a LOT of smoke in the running QB direction if someone cared to follow it. I’d be surprised if the Ravens didn’t do a ton of due diligence in Josh Allen, he’s an athletic kid with a big arm. Why wouldn’t they look into him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never heard one single inkling of the Ravens having the slightest interest in Josh Allen. Not once.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I’d be surprised if the Ravens didn’t do a ton of due diligence in Josh Allen, he’s an athletic kid with a big arm. Why wouldn’t they look into him?
    Of course they looked into him. They did all the necessary due diligence. They always do.

But I never heard that they had any interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    If you're using Google, you can do an advanced search based on author date. Definitely helps for historical research.