Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Was all the Josh Allen interest in 2018 actually a smokescreen?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    I don't remember hearing any link to us. Kiper was flip flopping back and forth between Darnold and Allen to the Browns at #1 overall.
    Thank god the Browns took Mayfield. I was thinking this morning how much it would suck to face Allen twice a year as a Brown.

Re: Was all the Josh Allen interest in 2018 actually a smokescreen?

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    I think the Ravens hid their interest in Lamar really skillfully by selecting Hayden Hurst instead of him at pick #25!
    Yeah, I never really bit on the notion that the Ravens outsmarted all the other front offices on Lamar. I simply think they liked him but also saw him as a low floor project and thus avoided taking him at #16, #22, and #25.... they literally passed on him 3 times.

Then when he made it all the way to #32 and they had already drafted one of "their guys" in Hurst they got on the phone and landed him when they felt they already made a safe 1st round pick.

If the Ravens brass truly felt that Lamar would end up even being 70% of the player he currently is then they wouldn't have passed on him 3 times