Blog Entries

Former Baltimore Mayor Pugh indicted on 11 counts of fraud, tax evasion in ‘Healthy Holly’ book scandal

Re: Former Baltimore Mayor Pugh indicted on 11 counts of fraud, tax evasion in ‘Healthy Holly’ book scandal

But yes, Baltimore continues to vote for democrats even though this is the 2nd mayor I can remember who got busted in a scandal. Dixon was arrested for stealing gift cards that were supposed to go to poor people.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Re: Former Baltimore Mayor Pugh indicted on 11 counts of fraud, tax evasion in ‘Healthy Holly’ book scandal

Well, at least Baltimore's spending the taxpayers' money to prosecute somebody who actually did something.

Quote Originally Posted by mikezpen View Post
    Well, at least Baltimore's spending the taxpayers' money to prosecute somebody who actually did something.
    Well played.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

What am embarrassment my former home has become.

It wasn't long ago Baltimore was on the rise and DC was the cess pool of the mid Atlantic region. Last time I was in Bmore, it was very odd walking around Fells and Canton. Itv was super quiet and very few people were milling around. Instead, you saw these dashes from the bar to a waiting Uber and off they went.

Kind of sad but oh well. People there keep voting these crooks expecting something different. It's on them.

sadness..disappointment.a lot of other mushy reactions from Baltimore City politicians. Didn't see any real heart-felt condemnation. City Council President says he's unconcerned about it and is more concerned about reducing violence and getting full school funding. Fair enough.

But I bet all of these reactions w/b stronger if Donald Trump was the subject.

I felt she'd plea bargain and that's what she's done by admitting guilt on 4 of the 11 counts.

But this shouldn't stop with her. She sat on the boards of agencies and companies that bought the books. Some other heads should roll besides hers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikezpen View Post
    sadness..disappointment.a lot of other mushy reactions from Baltimore City politicians. Didn't see any real heart-felt condemnation. City Council President says he's unconcerned about it and is more concerned about reducing violence and getting full school funding. Fair enough.

But I bet all of these reactions w/b stronger if Donald Trump was the subject.

I felt she'd plea bargain and that's what she's done by admitting guilt on 4 of the 11 counts.

But this shouldn't stop with her. She sat on the boards of agencies and companies that bought the books. Some other heads should roll besides hers.
    But not to worry, the new mayor has a new plan to fight violence in the city. WINTER. He says he's hopeful the cold winter will keep gang members inside and off the streets. "As you know, it's like planting a flower. In the winter, it dies, and it comes back," he said. "I'm hoping with the colder weather, they will stay inside, watch TV and help kids with homework."
    You just can't make this shit up.

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/city-i...members-inside

Utterly moronic. Almost as bad as former mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, who said the following during the 2015 riots in Baltimore.

"I've made it very clear that I work with the police and instructed them to do everything they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech," Rawlings-Blake said Saturday as Baltimore roiled following the funeral of Freddie Gray, the black man who died in police custody April 19.

"It's a very delicate balancing act because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and the other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well, and we work very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to de-escalate."

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    But not to worry, the new mayor has a new plan to fight violence in the city. WINTER. He says he's hopeful the cold winter will keep gang members inside and off the streets. "As you know, it's like planting a flower. In the winter, it dies, and it comes back," he said. "I'm hoping with the colder weather, they will stay inside, watch TV and help kids with homework."
    You just can't make this shit up.

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/city-i...members-inside
    With comments like this Baltimore will continue its demise. It’s as if he’s saying gang members are human or something.