Blog Entries

OT: Jim Cornette resigns from NWA.

This is some bullshit. That episode of Powerrr was pre-taped. The higher ups had to have watched that episode, LONG before they put it out on YouTube. Yet, they didn't have an issue with what he said. NOW, however, since they caught a little backlash, Cornette has to fall on the sword. This is some bullshit. The only reason he even said what he said, was due to it being Murdoch that he was talking about. He has always talked about Murdoch's lack of a proper physique, but also talked about how he's much tougher than he looks. He was referring to Murdoch. He wouldn't have said it if he were talking about Nick Aldis or Eli Drake. He was referring to Murdoch's fat, out-of-shape, 'Redneck' like body and nature.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: OT: Jim Cornette resigns from NWA.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This is some bullshit. That episode of Powerrr was pre-taped. The higher ups had to have watched that episode, LONG before they put it out on YouTube. Yet, they didn't have an issue with what he said. NOW, however, since they caught a little backlash, Cornette has to fall on the sword. This is some bullshit. The only reason he even said what he said, was due to it being Murdoch that he was talking about. He has always talked about Murdoch's lack of a proper physique, but also talked about how he's much tougher than he looks. He was referring to Murdoch. He wouldn't have said it if he were talking about Nick Aldis or Eli Drake. He was referring to Murdoch's fat, out-of-shape, 'Redneck' like body and nature.
    What did he say?

Blog Entries

Well, to be fair, he's used this joke before and it was about the famine in Ethiopia at the time. So no, not in the best of taste I'll admit. Still, This episode was taped last month.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    What did he say?
    I read the joke.

"He’s the only man I’ve ever known that can strap a bucket of fried chicken on his back and ride a motor scooter across Ethiopia."

I didn't think it was that bad mainly because part of what Ethiopia is known for famine/hunger. That made it tasteless but not racist.

He reached for a food and I guess the assumption, not unreasonable I'll admit, is that he settled on fried chicken because of the old tripe about how black people love it.

I f***ing love fried chicken. Who doesn't. Hello Chik-fil-A? I don't get that grilled sh** when I go there either. If it ain't fried what's the point.

People have been fired for less though. Times we live in.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 11-20-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    What did he say?
    "He’s the only man I’ve ever known that can strap a bucket of fried chicken on his back and ride a motor scooter across Ethiopia." He's been using that line since God knows when. It was originally a play on the famine in Ethiopia, back when he was a heel Manager. He used it to describe Big Boss Man (Bubba Rogers at the time), another out of shape looking guy he was trying to get over as being tougher than he looked. He also used it as a heel commentator once and used it here. It's far from the first time he's used it.

Blog Entries

I listen to Cornette's podcasts each week. Insulting is his whole schtick. It's no different that Howard Stern or others.

Last week he was in trouble because he said someone should jump off a cliff and the NWA got calls that he was being insensitive about suicide. This week he's now racist I guess? It's all nonsense. I'll still be listening to those podcasts

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I listen to Cornette's podcasts each week. Insulting is his whole schtick. It's no different that Howard Stern or others.

Last week he was in trouble because he said someone should jump off a cliff and the NWA got calls that he was being insensitive about suicide. This week he's now racist I guess? It's all nonsense. I'll still be listening to those podcasts
    It's a shame. From what I'm reading, not only was the episode pre-taped (We all knew that), but it was done back in October. So, that line was left in that long and no one making the decisions saw a problem. Yet, it makes it to YouTube, is taken down within an hour, and put back up without it? There seems to be more people willing to lose interest in NWA over Cornette leaving than over what he said.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

One reason why I've never taken issue with Cornette is also, because he doesn't discriminate. He insults white people just as much, if not more, than any other race out there. He insults young and old, man and woman, gay and straight. He insults himself for crying out loud.