Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Big Truss: John Harbaugh & Lamar Jackson

The coaches who molded Jackson -- and ultimately delivered him to Louisville and to the Ravens -- have carefully watched how Harbaugh has connected with the player and shaped him into a quarterback who could beat Russell Wilson, Brady and Deshaun Watson over a four-game period. They see a near-perfect marriage of a coach and athlete who renewed their vows in January's playoff defeat.

Jackson was dreadful for much of that game, playing exactly how the doubters predicted he would. After winning six of seven regular-season starts following Flacco's hip injury, Jackson was a bumbling, fumbling mess who, into the fourth quarter, had a total of three completions for 25 yards, an interception and a passer rating of 0.0. The fans were booing him, and some were chanting for the veteran he had replaced. With the Ravens down 20, Harbaugh seriously considered asking Flacco, who had won 10 playoff games, to try to win No. 11.
    Jackson completed just 48.3% of his passes and was sacked seven times in the wild-card loss to the Chargers. Mark Goldman/Icon Sportswire

The coach stayed with the youngest quarterback to ever start a playoff game, Jackson, who responded with two touchdown passes before getting sacked for the seventh time and fumbling away Baltimore's final chance.

"At that point in time, Lamar was our quarterback," Harbaugh said. "So I'm going to take our quarterback out? That's the main thing. And the second thing, honestly, do you want to win that game? There's no question in my mind that Lamar gave us the best chance to win that game, even when things weren't going well. So it was also a football decision."

And one that meant a ton to the betting favorite to win league MVP.

"Coach Harbaugh showed he was all in [during that playoff game], and Lamar loved that," said Harris, Jackson's personal tutor. "Lamar's biggest thing is loyalty, and he loves to see his loyalty reciprocated.

"The greatest thing I've seen from Coach Harbaugh is he's bought into who Lamar is. Any time I talk to Lamar about him, he talks about him in an endearing way. He's Harbs. He's a person Lamar feels has his back."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...eeded-together
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Re: Big Truss: John Harbaugh & Lamar Jackson

All this talk of big truss makes me think that someone's got a hernia.

Very cool.

The best decision Harbaugh ever made was the was one he didn't make. Removing Lamar and inserting Joe. That game will most likely be a defining moment for both Lamar and JH. It clearly drives Lamar to this day and we see it every week. Awesome thing to witness.

A) I have no diea what Big Truss means

B) There's a hell of a lot of value in a HC that can get this type of respect and build relationships with players.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

B) There's a hell of a lot of value in a HC that can get this type of respect and build relationships with players.
    But you forget that he does not work well with Alpha Males ....

At least that is what I have heard.
    Captain Offense

Wow. Such a great piece. Thanks v much for linking.

I cruised right past this when I saw it on espn cause I assumed it was another bland article written by Jamison Hensley. Thanks for getting me to look closer, great read.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

Truss = Trust!!

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

I wrote a couple of weeks ago that Harbaugh looked rejuvenated to me, and he himself said as much to Cowher in that interview we can't find anywhere. You just can see it. Great to hear about it and how they feed each other to become better at their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    The best decision Harbaugh ever made was the was one he didn't make. Removing Lamar and inserting Joe. That game will most likely be a defining moment for both Lamar and JH. It clearly drives Lamar to this day and we see it every week. Awesome thing to witness.
    Sword was a massive proponent of benching Lamar for Joe; just another example of why you need to use the Costanza method when it comes to Sword's takes.

Blog Entries

😂 😝 at the title

Best thread title