Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Can RG3 Still Run?

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I'd imagine he's nowhere near as fast after his knee injuries.
    We see players come back from injury just as fast as ever all the time but, of course, some don't. I've no idea which camp RG3 is in.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    I'd guess that Lamar would be somewhere in the 4.4-4.5 range.
    I've seen Lamar say somewhere that he would have run a 4.3 if he'd been tested. He seems incredibly honest so I imagine that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Quoth the Raven View Post
    I've seen Lamar say somewhere that he would have run a 4.3 if he'd been tested. He seems incredibly honest so I imagine that's true.
    RG III would run very little. The dropoff from him to McSorley is significant; they would want RG III to stay whole as a game-manager type. Taking advantage of the ground game and the TEs in the short to intermediate passing game, with an occasional deep shot to Marquise.

Win TOP. The defense is still improving and we have the best secondary in the league.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

RG3 may have been the fastest guy on a roster in his rookie year...but after the injuries and age (30 in a couple months) there’s no way he’s the fastest guy on this team. I mean, he’s definitely not faster than Hollywood or Hill. Probably not faster than Humphrey or Lamar or Peters and I’d imagine at least a few others.

LJ ran a 4.3 or 4.33 at his pro day. He was asked the other day what he would have run at the combine and he said 4.3 which is in line. But it is. It just straight line speed. His ability to stop, change directions and return to top speed instantly, along with his total body control is a one in a million skill set.

Blog Entries

Why are we even talking about RG3’s combine 40 time when that was what, 8 years ago? Guys aren’t usually running the same 40 time at 30 as they were at 22 lol.

Who is Wilsons Brady Garappolo Watsons backup. No team can afford lose their starting qb. I wish we stop talking about injuries to our Mvp qb

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

8. Re: Can RG3 Still Run?

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    RG III would run very little. The dropoff from him to McSorley is significant; they would want RG III to stay whole as a game-manager type. Taking advantage of the ground game and the TEs in the short to intermediate passing game, with an occasional deep shot to Marquise.

Win TOP. The defense is still improving and we have the best secondary in the league.
    What is this Lamar is hurt scenario? I'd have RGIII running as hard as Lamar, because if you're not going to have RGIII running hard, why did you choose RGIII? How badly is Lamar hurt? Is he out? Is he out for a long time? If so, you bring in another running QB. If you aren't comfortable running RGIII full out because something, you need to add another running QB, so that you can be cool with running RGIII full out.

I don't see any reason not to run RGIII full out in any particular situation. If Lamar goes out, and then RGIII goes out then it's next man up, and that's Trace, and if both Lamar and RGIII are out, and you're playing Trace out of necessity, maybe it's Kaepernick time, or Terrelle Pryor time, or a long list of other running QBs you can put out there and have run 26 times a game.

9. Re: Can RG3 Still Run?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Why are we even talking about RG3’s combine 40 time when that was what, 8 years ago? Guys aren’t usually running the same 40 time at 30 as they were at 22 lol.
    Well, we don't know what RGIII runs now. We did know what RGIII ran then, and we don't know what Lamar runs now, and we don't know what Lamar would've run at combine or pro day time.

What we do know is that RGIII did run extremely fast back then, 4.41 is extremely good. You really can't assume that he's much slower than he was, and you can't assume that Lamar runs a 4.41 or better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Especially after spending months training for it back then compared to now.

11. Re: Can RG3 Still Run?

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    LJ ran a 4.3 or 4.33 at his pro day. He was asked the other day what he would have run at the combine and he said 4.3 which is in line. But it is. It just straight line speed. His ability to stop, change directions and return to top speed instantly, along with his total body control is a one in a million skill set.
    No, LJ did not run at his pro day. I really look closely at things like what the top of the line running QBs do every year. He didn't run. Here's his draftscout.com page.

http://www.draftscout.com/dsprofile....DraftYear=2018

he didn't do any of the tests at the combine or the pro day. Before the combine, there were quite a few including myself who thought he would be a top 10 pick. But when he chose not to run, some of those people said "oh, Lamar is losing himself a lot of money, because if Lamar was actually as fast as Vick, he'd be taken in the top 10, if not overall 1, because 4.33 or better for a QB is extremely rare."

When Lamar said "oh, I'm not going to run because I don't want to be seen as a project WR" or something like that, many said "1) they don't take project WRs in the 1st round, and it isn't that uncommon for there to be WRs running 4.33, and 2) it's much more likely that Lamar is not running because his numbers are going to fall short of where people think those numbers are going to be, and Lamar would rather have people think he runs in the 4.3s than prove that he doesn't. Lamar is the one who knows how fast he runs, and he's not going to do something stupid like fail to prove something that would make him millions of dollars immediately." Everyone knew that Lamar was a great runner in college, but people didn't know exactly why he was a great runner. There is sheer speed that can make you a great runner, but there is also a wide variety of different types of ability, that doesn't match tests at the combine.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    No, LJ did not run at his pro day. I really look closely at things like what the top of the line running QBs do every year. He didn't run. Here's his draftscout.com page.

http://www.draftscout.com/dsprofile....DraftYear=2018

he didn't do any of the tests at the combine or the pro day. Before the combine, there were quite a few including myself who thought he would be a top 10 pick. But when he chose not to run, some of those people said "oh, Lamar is losing himself a lot of money, because if Lamar was actually as fast as Vick, he'd be taken in the top 10, if not overall 1, because 4.33 or better for a QB is extremely rare."

When Lamar said "oh, I'm not going to run because I don't want to be seen as a project WR" or something like that, many said "1) they don't take project WRs in the 1st round, and it isn't that uncommon for there to be WRs running 4.33, and 2) it's much more likely that Lamar is not running because his numbers are going to fall short of where people think those numbers are going to be, and Lamar would rather have people think he runs in the 4.3s than prove that he doesn't. Lamar is the one who knows how fast he runs, and he's not going to do something stupid like fail to prove something that would make him millions of dollars immediately." Everyone knew that Lamar was a great runner in college, but people didn't know exactly why he was a great runner. There is sheer speed that can make you a great runner, but there is also a wide variety of different types of ability, that doesn't match tests at the combine.
    The ESPN article from today about Lamar and Harbs plainly states that Lamar ran a 4.34 at Louisville. That’s a pretty specific number. I’m gonna say he did it if ESPN is reporting it.