The Ravens Were DUE an Amazing Offense

For years, the Ravens were held up by our defense that had 2 HOFers playing at the same time at the prime of their careers. All we asked was that guys like Boller, McNair, and Flacco not turn the ball over. Just manage the game and let the defense handle it. For years, that was our team philosophy. For a hot second in 2012, it looked like we were about to finally turn the page and develop a high-powered offense. Alas, the 2012 playoff run, despite ending in a Superbowl victory, was fools gold. Flacco just didn't materialize into the regular season player we needed him to be.

In comes Lamar Jackson. He showed flashes of a dream last season, but this is his true breakout year. We were due an amazing offense sooner or later. All these years and we've never had a QB that had a legit shot at MVP...never. We might end the season with a 12-4 record which hasn't been done since what...2011?!? We had back-to-back 12-4 seasons before winning the SB and haven't had that same level of consistency since then. This is the best our offense has looked...really ever.

The fact that Lamar is only 22 (10 years younger than me) is major. Means he'll be doing this for years before he has too much wear and tear on his ankles and knees. Sit back and enjoy the ride Ravens fans. I think we're getting at LEAST 1 SB out of Lamar within the next 2-3 seasons.

Re: The Ravens Were DUE an Amazing Offense

I'm due to win the MegaMillions. There...I said it.

When you think about it, the FO and Harbs did a near complete rebuild in just one offseason. They went from an offense built around a traditional pocket passer, to the dynamic marvel we have now in just ONE offseason. Even much of the starting defense turned over from last year.

Some teams rebuild for years.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    When you think about it, the FO and Harbs did a near complete rebuild in just one offseason. They went from an offense built around a traditional pocket passer, to the dynamic marvel we have now in just ONE offseason. Even much of the starting defense turned over from last year.

"We're not rebuilding, we're reloading."

We retooled from bolt-action to belt-fed in less than a year.

yep, it only took 23 years

No such thing as due. You gotta go make it happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    No such thing as due. You gotta go make it happen.
    Nj took the words right out of my mouth
    Perhaps the people in Cleveland are saying, "The Browns and Indians are due championships!"
    I wouldn't hold my breath until it happens... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Nj took the words right out of my mouth
    Perhaps the people in Cleveland are saying, "The Browns and Indians are due championships!"
    I wouldn't hold my breath until it happens... Bc
    Yea but we have a much better organization than the Browns lol, but I get your point.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post

Or decades. See Browns.

The amazing thing is that next year this offense could be even better. With Hollywood fully recovered from his surgery and Boykin a year more mature. Maybe the addition of a WR and this offense could be even more potent.

I'm thinking it possibly wouldn't be a bad idea for a new OC next year who can evolve our offense even more. Eventually the league will catch up with this style and we'll have to evolve anyways.