Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Will the NFL want the Ravens in the Super Bowl???

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I doubt the NFL says fix games to appeal to large fan bases. Chicago is a huge market and they haven't won shit since 84. Dallas is huge worldwide and they haven't won shit in 25 years.
    I think teams with large fanbases get more decisions going their way at all times. It's usually a bit less blatant in the playoffs because there's more scrutiny and they use the better ref crews.

I'm not sure Dallas is big worldwide. I think the 'America's team' bit puts off UK fans. Here, they're just above the perennial losers like Detroit and Cleveland but behind everyone else.

Lol

Blog Entries

Those massive Falcons and Seahawks fanbases the NFL pushed for...............yeah

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Did you watch the Eagles and Patriots last night?

Both teams looked slow nothing spectacular on offense.

They are not as good as their record indicates this year
    Yeah, but we already knew that...

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Those massive Falcons and Seahawks fanbases the NFL pushed for...............yeah
    It's not only fan bases. It's all about the ratings! Lamar is bringing a whole new generation of Fans to watch the Ravens. The SEahawks also had a young exciting QB who took the league by storm. IDK about Atlanta. But I seem to remember then having the top offence during their Super Bowl run.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Did you watch the Eagles and Patriots last night?

Both teams looked slow nothing spectacular on offense.

Never thought I would see the day the Ravens offense was making the rest of the league look bad but here we are. Its a reality.

Watching Wentz last night and their Eagles WRS who could get no separation or creativity makes this season feel pretty good considering Brady and Wentz recently were still considered top tier QBS.

Last night the Patriots had to resort to Edelman throwing TDS to win the game. They are not as good as their record indicates this year
    It's like the Ravens are playing a different game than the rest of the league and they have a quarterback who can do it.

I don't understand the premise of this thread. Why pose the question as if the league DID have a say in who makes it to the superbowl. They don't. There is no conspiracy.

I wish fans would stop suffering from this inferiority complex we seem to have. We are small tv market and will always be. Lamar won't make us any bigger.

All he would do is make us more visible and I'm completely fine with that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Stovall View Post
    It's not only fan bases. It's all about the ratings! Lamar is bringing a whole new generation of Fans to watch the Ravens. The SEahawks also had a young exciting QB who took the league by storm. IDK about Atlanta. But I seem to remember then having the top offence during their Super Bowl run.
    Go look at the latest stadium attendance thread. Even the Baltimore fans aren't coming out to watch this team. A team that has an exciting player is not going to get the NFL to influence the games to help that team win. That is unless some think the non-PI call was the NFL trying to help the Ravens beat the Texans.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I don't understand the premise of this thread. Why pose the question as if the league DID have a say in who makes it to the superbowl. They don't. There is no conspiracy.

I wish fans would stop suffering from this inferiority complex we seem to have. We are small tv market and will always be. Lamar won't make us any bigger.

All he would do is make us more visible and I'm completely fine with that.
    The premise of the thread is that the NFL as an entity will desire for Lamar and the Ravens to be in the Super Bowl for the ratings. Just as they have desired that Peyton or Brady or Favre or Montana or Namath be in the Super Bowl to create better story lines and attract the most viewers. I'm not saying there is a conspiracy. And I'm hoping there never has been any wrong-doing. But there is no one out there who believes that the NFL ever does something knowing it will hurt ratings or lose viewers/fans. So why is it beyond reasonable thought that they are doing things to assure that they get the highest ratings possible?

The premise of the thread is that the NFL as an entity will desire for Lamar and the Ravens to be in the Super Bowl for the ratings. Just as they have desired that Peyton or Brady or Favre or Montana or Namath be in the Super Bowl to create better story lines and attract the most viewers. I'm not saying there is a conspiracy. And I'm hoping there never has been any wrong-doing. But there is no one out there who believes that the NFL ever does something knowing it will hurt ratings or lose viewers/fans. So why is it beyond reasonable thought that they are doing things to assure that they get the highest ratings possible?
    Sure the league would love to see the highest TV ratings possible. So if a team like the Jaguars faces off with the Bucs, you're suggesting that league could prevent that from happening? They might not be happy with that matchup but it's the Superbowl, it's always ratings hit regardless of who's playing in it. I don't even now why you're mentioning the word "conspiracy" here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    oy vey....
    My sentiments exactly. I'd add "did MLB want the Astros and Nationals in the World Series?" Gee, how'd the NFL let the Panthers and Broncos play in Super Bowl 50?
    ... Bc

I'm far from being a conspiracy theorist, but I have felt watching the playoffs in years past that the NFL "nudges" referees to give certain teams with big fan bases or big name players an edge in advancing. The Patriots and Giants are two teams, Brady, Peyton, Eli, etc are players that come to mind that always seemed to have a big call go their way to help them find their way to the Super Bowl. Maybe I'm wayyy off. Maybe the league would be happy seeing the (fill in the blank with 2 midmarket, unexciting teams) in the Super Bowl. But the money is soooooooo BIG. The league needs the ratings for this game to set a record each year.

That being said...Lamar draws fans to watch the Ravens like no one in our teams history. Yes. I'm saying it. Even more so than the lovers and haters of Ray Lewis. Lamar would be a huge draw in the Super Bowl... From those still thinking he will fail, to those already aboard the Lamar-train, people would be watching. Maybe the league won't give Brady that phantom pass interference call or roughing the passer call this year if we make it that far.
    As others have stated, the NFL cares about ratings. Lamar Jackson is extremely popular. A Superbowl with him in it will surely draw a LOT of viewers. So I don't think anyone will conspire against us. There's also an acknowledgment that Brady, Brees, etc are past their prime and are nearly the ends of their careers whereas Jackson is just starting his, much like Mahomes and Watson.