Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Ricard or Jackson?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Hmmm, let me ponder that question for a minute...

OR

I'll get back to you... Bc
    I'm one of those who like steam engines so maybe this isn't a great comparison. Older technology is more interesting such as the steam engine.

Both are great to watch, but as polar opposite as can be.

It's like asking what's better? Filet and crab cake for a nice dinner or a Cheese steak at 2 am with the drunk munchies? Both equally satisfying in their own way!

Blog Entries

Photo: Five down OLmen flanked by 2 TEs and 3rd TE plus Ricard on either edge Lamar & Mark Ingram in the BF.
    Caption: We are coming to F*** YOU UP.

(Asterix for kid-friendly.)

Honestly, I don't much care who gets the ball. With that lineup the only dependable prediction is -https://giphy.com/gifs/1swY684seKPWWMmTRj/html5
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Lamar is a 200 mph sports car, Ricard is a big V8 dually pickup truck. Both are a blast to watch.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk

Both equally. Lamar makes people look stupid when they try to tackle him, Ricard makes people look like they'd rather be doing anything else besides trying to tackle him.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

6. Re: Ricard or Jackson?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanMania View Post
    I like them both, but I'd have to go with Jackson, who has become Elite. Yes, he is that E word.

The definition of an Elite QB is one that makes everyone around them better and that is exactly what Lamar Jackson is doing. In one year, he has turned this franchise around and we are now have the best offense in the league. Hell, imagine if we had another WR opposite Hollywood.

I hope I don't wake up from this dream.
    Elite is a made up word. Franchise QB is also fake. Not saying Lamar isn't those things, but I don't think those are real things.

I'd also argue that in general, when the QB runs a ton, runs extremely well, passing is bound to be easier. If you can run for a first down pretty much whenever you want, do you want to throw a pass that seems like it could be incomplete? When you can run for a first whenever, defenses will try to stop you from doing that, and they won't be stopping the pass when they're doing that. So, there's no need to throw passes when they're at all risky, when you can run it, and when they're stopping your run, you have an easy time. Only throw easy passes, and you have opportunities for easy passes.

This doesn't apply only to Lamar, but to all running QBs. That's part of why running QBs are better.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Why not both???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Deion commercial with the cowboys

8. Re: Ricard or Jackson?

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Both equally. Lamar makes people look stupid when they try to tackle him, Ricard makes people look like they'd rather be doing anything else besides trying to tackle him.
    Both are fun but in different ways. A lot of stuff that a lot of teams have might be great, but generic. Lamar out there about to set the QB rush record, Ricard dragging people for an extra 5 yards or so, same team is winning physical matchups at both ends of the spectrum, with speed and agility and size and power. Lamar is a little more fun to watch, and Ricard gets bonus points for being a DT as well.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Both are fun but in different ways. A lot of stuff that a lot of teams have might be great, but generic. Lamar out there about to set the QB rush record, Ricard dragging people for an extra 5 yards or so, same team is winning physical matchups at both ends of the spectrum, with speed and agility and size and power. Lamar is a little more fun to watch, and Ricard gets bonus points for being a DT as well.
    I really want to see Ricard recover a fumble and then get a TD on our ensuing possession. Lamar is more fun to watch, but Ricard is more amusing to watch.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I really want to see Ricard recover a fumble and then get a TD on our ensuing possession. Lamar is more fun to watch, but Ricard is more amusing to watch.
    Got a feeling Ricard is next in line for Lamar to throw a touchdown pass to.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    Got a feeling Ricard is next in line for Lamar to throw a touchdown pass to.
    He already has I think 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lamar is “Gape-mouthed OMG!”
    Ricard is “LOL Oh, shit!!”
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"