Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lamar Passing Chart Week 11

Now that's what I'm talking about. Spread the ball vertically as well as horizontally, and suddenly the counting passing stats come around too. A hair over 20% of his throws were 20+ yards, 2/5 for 2 TD. Nearly 1/3 were 15+, 3/7 for 2 TD. All of this to go along with 86 yards on 9 carries in route to an absolute beat down of one of the best teams in the game. With more vertical shots comes a drop in expected completion percentage, but he made up for it by taking what was given to him, completing 14 of 17 under 15 yards for 2 TD.

This is the complete passer that I was worried we wouldn't have this offseason. I'm happy to have been wrong, and this was perhaps the most impressive overall performance of the year when you consider the opponent.

Ever since the bye, this has been some next level improvement. Has Lamar taken yet another step right in front of our eyes? Has the coaching staff completely opened up the offense? Whatever it is, it has made us unquestionably the best team in the league.

Blog Entries

Re: Lamar Passing Chart Week 11

Until a team can force Jackson to throw more toward the sidelines, I don’t think this offense will be stopped. That’s not all about Lamar either. We don’t have a legitimate boundary possession WR.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Until a team can force Jackson to throw more toward the sidelines, I don’t think this offense will be stopped. That’s not all about Lamar either. We don’t have a legitimate boundary possession WR.
    Cleveland tried.

24/34, 247 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT

The picks was the tip at the LOS adn the deep ball to Andrews.

He had a bunch of passes to the boundaries within L2 on both the left and right side.

Their passing scheme is really hard to just clog the middle IMO.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

4. Re: Lamar Passing Chart Week 11

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Cleveland tried.

24/34, 247 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT

The picks was the tip at the LOS adn the deep ball to Andrews.

He had a bunch of passes to the boundaries within L2 on both the left and right side.

Their passing scheme is really hard to just clog the middle IMO.
    You have to take away the deep ball. You have to take away the middle. You have to take away the flats. You have to cover the scramble lanes. You don't have enough defenders to do all of this at once.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    You have to take away the deep ball. You have to take away the middle. You have to take away the flats. You have to cover the scramble lanes. You don't have enough defenders to do all of this at once.
    Exactly. NE bogged up the middle to take away the rushing lanes and Lamar exploited the flats. It's easy to just say all of his passes were short quick hitters. Well, maybe, but that's what was open?

I don't know, no one has really forced Lamar to throw outside, but I think that has to do with the scheme.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Nothing is getting stopped if the run isn't. At this point, you have to take away the run. Period. Take away the run and crowd the middle. Live with everything else. Lamar will get outside of contain a couple of times a game, but make him do it for four quarters when Ingram can't get 8 yards up the A gaps ad nauseam. Make him throw deep all game. If Brown holds up all game and goes off then you live with that.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Nothing is getting stopped if the run isn't. At this point, you have to take away the run. Period. Take away the run and crowd the middle. Live with everything else. Lamar will get outside of contain a couple of times a game, but make him do it for four quarters when Ingram can't get 8 yards up the A gaps ad nauseam. Make him throw deep all game. If Brown holds up all game and goes off then you live with that.
    Part of the reason teams won't be able to stop the run is because of the pass though.

After re-watching NE multiple teams, it really showed how damn hard it is to play defense against the scheme and play calling. Roman is very methodical.

Lamar's worse games as a passer were PIT and CLE. A lot of people said it was because of how much cover 3 they played. You can see on film numerous occasions of Lamar ignoring a shorter open receiver to force something deeper.

He's adjusted very well and is now taking waht's given to him. Teams have a hard time adjusting because he can hit just about anywhere on the field.

It's easy to say "clog the middle and make him throw deep". NE tried and he threw to the flats and short area within L2 to the tune of 74%.

I don't know, I don't realy know how you defend him.
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Part of the reason teams won't be able to stop the run is because of the pass though.

After re-watching NE multiple teams, it really showed how damn hard it is to play defense against the scheme and play calling. Roman is very methodical.

Lamar's worse games as a passer were PIT and CLE. A lot of people said it was because of how much cover 3 they played. You can see on film numerous occasions of Lamar ignoring a shorter open receiver to force something deeper.

He's adjusted very well and is now taking waht's given to him. Teams have a hard time adjusting because he can hit just about anywhere on the field.

It's easy to say "clog the middle and make him throw deep". NE tried and he threw to the flats and short area within L2 to the tune of 74%.

I don't know, I don't realy know how you defend him.
    Most teams have played mostly zone against Lamar this season, and he's been crushing it.

Death by a thousand cuts.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

What’s his qbr

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    What’s his qbr
    MV.P unofficially
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

12. Re: Lamar Passing Chart Week 11

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    MV.P unofficially

Just checked the numbers, that's what I came up with as well.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)