Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Anyone who says LJ is not the MVP is traumatized

The amount of people I've seen and heard today saying Russell Wilson still has the edge because he has, and I quote, "500 more passing yards than Lamar" is sickening to me.

They say this, without mentioning that Lamar also has 500 more yards than Wilson rushing.

And then there's the fact that they're rounding up for Wilson, because he actually has 479 more passing yards, and when you subtract yards lost on sacks, he only has 399 more yards.

And meanwhile, I was rounding down for Lamar's rushing yards advantage, he actually has 564 more rushing yards.

All in total, Lamar has 2948 yards and Wilson has 2815 yards. Which means Lamar has 133 yards more than Wilson.

Now, there's the fact that Wilson has 1 more touchdown, and 1 fewer turnover, but they are just so damn close in all the stats it's crazy and of all the things the talking heads and internet know-it-alls are bringing up today, they bring up Wilson's 500 extra passing yards, which is an exaggeration, without mentioning Lamar's 500 extra rushing yards (which is an understatement)! It's pretty annoying.

I just was home at lunch and Andrew Ciciliano on NFL Network was saying the MVP race is over it's no contest, Lamar wins easily and it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    The amount of people I've seen and heard today saying Russell Wilson still has the edge because he has, and I quote, "500 more passing yards than Lamar" is sickening to me.

They say this, without mentioning that Lamar also has 500 more yards than Wilson rushing.

And then there's the fact that they're rounding up for Wilson, because he actually has 479 more passing yards, and when you subtract yards lost on sacks, he only has 399 more yards.

And meanwhile, I was rounding down for Lamar's rushing yards advantage, he actually has 564 more rushing yards.

All in total, Lamar has 2948 yards and Wilson has 2815 yards. Which means Lamar has 133 yards more than Wilson.

Now, there's the fact that Wilson has 1 more touchdown, and 1 fewer turnover, but they are just so damn close in all the stats it's crazy and of all the things the talking heads and internet know-it-alls are bringing up today, they bring up Wilson's 500 extra passing yards, which is an exaggeration, without mentioning Lamar's 500 extra rushing yards (which is an understatement)! It's pretty annoying.
    There are people who are biased in favor of passing stats. Lamar's rushing stats aren't factoring in as much with people. That's why I think he has to break Vick's record and set that 3,000/1,000 record. It'll help if he ends with a better season record and a 1st round bye than the Seahawks as well. I've heard Stephen A. Smith and someone else (can't remember who) who still put Russ over Lamar even though Lamar went into Seattle and beat Russ. Make that make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    I just was home at lunch and Andrew Ciciliano on NFL Network was saying the MVP race is over it's no contest, Lamar wins easily and it's not even close.
    I mean, I think Lamar has been the MVP to this point, that's my opinion and I think it's a very fair opinion to have (in my opinion, it's the most correct opinion to have hahah). But it's not the ONLY opinion that's valid right now. Wilson is so insanely close to Lamar in the combined stats that it's pretty crazy. I think personally Lamar, with head-to-head wins over Wilson and Watson and Brady, is it the best choice. I think he's earned it so far, but Wilson arguably has slightly better stats due to TDs and turnovers, and he arguably plays on a less talented offense, so I'm not mad at the notion that Wilson is neck-and-neck with Lamar. And of course, most importantly, there's still 6 games left to play this season! A lot can happen in 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDomination View Post
    There are people who are biased in favor of passing stats. Lamar's rushing stats aren't factoring in as much with people. That's why I think he has to break Vick's record and set that 3,000/1,000 record. It'll help if he ends with a better season record and a 1st round bye than the Seahawks as well. I've heard Stephen A. Smith and someone else (can't remember who) who still put Russ over Lamar even though Lamar went into Seattle and beat Russ. Make that make sense.
    And I don't understand those people haha. In my opinion rushing stats from a QB arguably represent MORE valuable to the team than the same number in passing yards would. Even if you don't agree with that, at the very least I don't see how you couldn't think rushing yards are equally valuable as passing yards.

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    keep in mind everybody (and sorry for two posts in one week along these lines, but seriously it's like some people don't even understand how this works), that the 24 hour sports news machine wants more than anything for there to be debates, close races, new players to talk about, etc. two players (Manning and Brady) combined for half the MVPs in the last 15 years. even in years that there were new faces, some of those were such run-aways that you couldn't milk it for storylines. take last year. it was so clearly Mahomes by this point in the season that the only airtime the networks could get from it was just heaping compliment after compliment on the guy. these networks are salivating to have an honest-to-god MVP race between two new faces (Wilson has never won and I can't remember him ever being even a runner-up in voting). so the networks can easily fill 10 minute segments every day from now until Super Bowl Eve that's just one person arguing for Lamar against another arguing for Wilson. but just because they're devoting so much airtime to it, it doesn't mean that it's worth you getting upset about. it. doesn't. matter. don't watch ESPN. don't watch the panel shows on NFL Network. don't watch any sports show where there are two hosts who just always take opposing sides. they are being paid to argue and take up airtime and say stuff that is so off-the-wall that it goes viral. they don't even know what they believe anymore, or if they do, they keep those beliefs to themselves once the cameras start rolling.
    Good point. I do believe an element of this is ratings-driven.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    And I don't understand those people haha. In my opinion rushing stats from a QB arguably represent MORE valuable to the team than the same number in passing yards would. Even if you don't agree with that, at the very least I don't see how you couldn't think rushing yards are equally valuable as passing yards.
    Passing yards count twice because they go to the receiver's stats too. Duh. Rushing only pads the qb stats, so it's not what a team player does.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Leading all pro bowl votes currently

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Meh, Russ has had a hell of a year.

It's neck and neck between the two.
    But he sucked against us and that can't be overlooked. The way he played when head to head against another candidate and same goes for Watson who is pretty much way behind now

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaniacx View Post
    CMC is amazing but unless the Panthers start winning more, I don't see him taking it.

It's between Lamar and Russell Wilson, and I think Lamar wins it.
    Probably right about cmc. I think he is the actual most valuable player right now, but won't win if they don't make the playoffs.

Watch out for mahomes if he goes bananas to end the season

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Meh, Russ has had a hell of a year.
    Yeah, that 23/2 TD to Int ratio is pretty impressive.

12. Re: Anyone who says LJ is not the MVP is traumatized

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Either:

They don't want to look up stats
    They haven't watched a Ravens game
    They don't want to admit they were wrong (early take of - can't throw, RB, etc...)
    They are a Homer/shill for another guy
    They want clicks/ratings

Or most likely -

When you are first observing an alien from another planet warp your reality, it takes your brain a little bit to understand what's happening to you. Kind of like they are in shock and can't quite grasp the reality of the world has changed. It is profoundly disturbing.

Straight out of scientific discovery:
    At first they dismiss you
    Then they make fun of you
    Then they get angry
    Then they always had the idea in the first place

Lamar is Cozmo D, Newcleus were not just aliens they were time travelers singing about him.

That is all.
    Some will say what they've been saying all along, that "the NFL is a passing league". Those who say that include ex non running NFL QBs. They might want to ignore all the running, and look at just passing yards.