Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Anyone who says LJ is not the MVP is traumatized

Either:

They don't want to look up stats
    They haven't watched a Ravens game
    They don't want to admit they were wrong (early take of - can't throw, RB, etc...)
    They are a Homer/shill for another guy
    They want clicks/ratings

Or most likely -

When you are first observing an alien from another planet warp your reality, it takes your brain a little bit to understand what's happening to you. Kind of like they are in shock and can't quite grasp the reality of the world has changed. It is profoundly disturbing.

Straight out of scientific discovery:
    At first they dismiss you
    Then they make fun of you
    Then they get angry
    Then they always had the idea in the first place

Lamar is Cozmo D, Newcleus were not just aliens they were time travelers singing about him.

That is all.

Re: Anyone who says LJ is not the MVP is traumatized

Or they just have a different opinion

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Lol a bit dramatic "traumatized"

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

LOL. There's a whole lot of koolaid on here. Love the optimism but "traumatized" is a bit of a reach. In our brief 23 year history I'm amazed and happy that we even have a player of our own being included in the MVP discussion.

Meh, Russ has had a hell of a year.

It's neck and neck between the two.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I am obviously biased towards Lamar being MVP. However, Russell Wilson is also having a monster year - with a mediocre offensive line.
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Meh, Russ has had a hell of a year.

It's neck and neck between the two.
    Russ is doing it with less imo

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

If he keeps racking up the passing touchdowns in addition to us blowing teams out, it's going to be hard to deny him the MVP.

Blog Entries

Lamar Jackson on MVP talk: I’m trying for something more :

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...omething-more/

“I’m all about winning,” Jackson said, via PennLive.com. “I’m glad [Ingram] feels that way, but I’m trying to get something even more.”

LJ has more important things on his mind than awards... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Continuity Steve View Post
    If he keeps racking up the passing touchdowns in addition to us blowing teams out, it's going to be hard to deny him the MVP.
    This is what I've been saying. Lamar has 3 Offensive Player of the Week awards. His numbers are on par with other elite QBs who started the same amount of games. He's beaten Playoff teams multiple times now, so people can stop saying all he's doing is "beating up on bad teams." He just threw 4 TDs against a 6-3 Texans team. What are the excuses now? He's on pace to shatter Michael Vicks record and create a whole new record for himself by becoming the first QB with 3,000 passing yards and 1,000 rushing yards.

Like I know people feel like Russ is due, but how can a guy like Lamar do all of that and still not be MVP? This is why people are putting stipulations onto him that aren't being put onto other elite QBs and yes...Lamar Jackson is an ELITE QB.

Lots of people are being proven wrong and the kneejerk reaction to that is to double down on your bias. Luckily, the more he blows teams away...the weaker these arguments become.

Then we DO have to admit that a lot of Jackson's critics are simply homers for other teams.

If Lamar keeps putting up the numbers and the Ravens finish with a better record than Seattle then he will win the award.
    By the way we should all take a moment to give some love to Philadelphia. Without their willingness to trade back with us so we can creep back to the 1st round and snag LJ, none of this is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDomination View Post
    Like I know people feel like Russ is due, but how can a guy like Lamar do all of that and still not be MVP? This is why people are putting stipulations onto him that aren't being put onto other elite QBs and yes...Lamar Jackson is an ELITE QB.

Lots of people are being proven wrong and the kneejerk reaction to that is to double down on your bias. Luckily, the more he blows teams away...the weaker these arguments become.

Then we DO have to admit that a lot of Jackson's critics are simply homers for other teams.
    He has absolutely performed like an elite QB since the bye week on all levels. He performed like an average passer and elite runner before that. When having the elite discussion, it is something that has to be sustained over a period of time. Keep it up for the year and through the playoffs, and people will undoubtedly come around. Do it again next year, and the question evolves from elite to potential all time great. When considering the MVP, it is very easy to be influenced by sustained performance over a period of time, because everyone knows Russell Wilson is an elite QB and has been for awhile. With Lamar, it's going to take people who haven't seen him grow every day some time to come around.

As for critics, I was absolutely one, although I tried to acknowledge what I saw as positives and negatives, until week 1. I was skeptical up through the bye, but realized he very quickly grew into an average passer. Since then, I've been 100% on board since we're running perhaps the most complete offense on the field, and we're finally taking a fair amount of shots deep to support the running and passing game. I don't think people are doubling down on bias, rather, they just need to see it for a sustained period of time. Last year's Lamar Jackson gave anyone legitimate concerns over whether or not he could play QB at this level. This year's Lamar Jackson has shattered that thought and quickly reached a level no one expected this soon. Now it appears that he has taken a next level jump again. That is what people need to see sustained before he's regarded as an elite passer as well as an elite runner.