Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

It Cost Us a Shutout

Bogus roughing the passer call on Bowser! Watson has the ball looking to throw...Bowser initiates tackle mode...Watson throws the ball...Ref expects Bowser to defy physics and stop in midair...damn that call pissed me off.
    Last edited by KbubbaK; 11-18-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: It Cost Us a Shutout

The ball should have been at the 1 on the PI on Humphrey in the 1st quarter so I'd call it even. Officiating in this league is really poor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The ball should have been at the 1 on the PI on Humphrey in the 1st quarter so I'd call it even.
    This. Nice to see a crap no-call go the Crows' way for a change, but still - blatant.
    Officiating in this league is really poor
    Preach it!
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

4. Re: It Cost Us a Shutout

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    Bogus roughing the passer call on Bowser! Watson has the ball looking to throw...Bowser initiates tackle mode...Watson throws the ball...Ref expects Bowser to defy physics and stop in midair...damn that call pissed me off.
    So you're gonna ignore the fact that a blatant DPI that wasnt called should have had us in a 7-0 hole in the 1st qtr. The shutout should have been over right then.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

The ball should have been at the 1 on the PI on Humphrey in the 1st quarter so I'd call it even. Officiating in this league is really poor
    This. 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Bowser hit Watson in the facemask. The helmet of a QB is always off limits.

Defensive players are permitted to put a hand on a receiver so long as they don't grab a fist full of Jersey or twist the player. Humphrey had a tackle (read: attempt to use the ground to dislodge the ball) secured as he made a great move to go around the receiver to make a play at the ball. I questioned it before the replay, but was even more convinced it was not PI after the review. The receiver's body never moved, and Humphrey was very clearly playing the ball.

There were some questionable calls, but those two were good.

7. Re: It Cost Us a Shutout

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    Bowser hit Watson in the facemask. The helmet of a QB is always off limits.

Defensive players are permitted to put a hand on a receiver so long as they don't grab a fist full of Jersey or twist the player. Humphrey had a tackle (read: attempt to use the ground to dislodge the ball) secured as he made a great move to go around the receiver to make a play at the ball. I questioned it before the replay, but was even more convinced it was not PI after the review. The receiver's body never moved, and Humphrey was very clearly playing the ball.

There were some questionable calls, but those two were good.
    Agree on the RTP, do not agree on the DPI.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

I was wondering if games would be called extra tight yesterday based on the Thu night debacle. From the 3 games I watched (Ravens, Pats-Eagles, Bears-Rams), I didn't see any calls that I thought were overly protective or reactionary to Thu. From that perspective I was happy.

Humphrey definitely interfered. I didn't see Bowser hit the facemask, Williams did though.

Blog Entries

What do you mean? The refs slowed it down on the replay challenge and determined it wasn't pass interference.

We won 41-7.

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    So you're gonna ignore the fact that a blatant DPI that wasnt called should have had us in a 7-0 hole in the 1st qtr. The shutout should have been over right then.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    don't think it was that blatant to overturn the no call

ravens lead the league in RTP penalties with 10...KC and the NYGs have 0