Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: It Cost Us a Shutout

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    If it cost us the game, I'd be madder than a ...

Loss of a shutout doesn't bother me as long as we get the win... Bc
    me neither...all i'm saying is it was a terrible call and we might have had a shutout...i guarantee that the defense would have loved a shutout but the ref screwed them...it really burns my britches when a poster refers to a controversial call then to have someone say so what we won...well no crap sherlock

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    If I'm guessing, the referee sees Watson's head move and thinks Bowser hit him in the helmet (he absolutely doesn't). Note his position; Watson's body blocks his view of where contact occurs.

Can't imagine what else is would be. He's not late, doesn't land on him.

Hmmm. Interesting stuff OC. That never occurred to me. I was just assuming the ref was just being ridiculous in calling a late hit. But your explanation is certainly plausible.
    "Chin up, chest out."

3. Re: It Cost Us a Shutout

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Hmmm. Interesting stuff OC. That never occurred to me. I was just assuming the ref was just being ridiculous in calling a late hit. But your explanation is certainly plausible.
    Ah damn, guess I should've gotten the throw in the first vid Didn't even occur to me that he was late.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Ah damn, guess I should've gotten the throw in the first vid Didn't even occur to me that he was late.
    Either way, it was an egregious error. Either he flagged him for a hit to the head that didn't happen, or for being late, which we wasn't. I mean, the ball was out before contact was made, but BARELY. No way Bowser could have done anything different without violating the laws of physics.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Either way, it was an egregious error. Either he flagged him for a hit to the head that didn't happen, or for being late, which we wasn't. I mean, the ball was out before contact was made, but BARELY. No way Bowser could have done anything different without violating the laws of physics.
    Well you are just going to have to keep britch burning, because in real time, the hit looked both late and Watson's head appeared to snap(contact to the head OR neck area). So either way, I can see WHY roughing was called. It wasn't a ghost call and yes we have all seen worse calls get missed or botched. But to call it egregious is a bit far IMHO. I still think the missed PI call on Marlon was a bigger error than this one was.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    me neither...all i'm saying is it was a terrible call and we might have had a shutout...i guarantee that the defense would have loved a shutout but the ref screwed them...it really burns my britches when a poster refers to a controversial call then to have someone say so what we won...well no crap sherlock
    K-K, that I agree with you 100%! Sure the "D", and Ravens fans would want a shutout, but you've got to look at the bigger picture. This, like the Seahawks and Patriots games, were in the toughest part of the Ravens schedule. Personally, I'm not going to pick at a play here-or-there that could have been more in our favor... unless it determines the outcome of the game. Relax and enjoy our 3 game lead in the AFCN and let the Rams and their fans sweat out what's going to happen to them next Monday ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Well you are just going to have to keep britch burning, because in real time, the hit looked both late and Watson's head appeared to snap(contact to the head OR neck area). So either way, I can see WHY roughing was called. It wasn't a ghost call and yes we have all seen worse calls get missed or botched. But to call it egregious is a bit far IMHO. I still think the missed PI call on Marlon was a bigger error than this one was.
    To me, if you call something that simply did not happen, that’s egregious. We are not talking judgment of severity, like holding or PI. If you call a blow to the head when no one touched the guy’s head, that’s egregious. If you call a late hit and the guy didn’t even take a full step before hitting him, that’s egregious.

Thank God this was a runaway at that point. In a close game, that bullshit call could be the difference between winning and losing.

No matter why he threw the flag, he threw it for something he didn’t see. Because it didn’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

In what world did that hit look late? Lol

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    In what world did that hit look late? Lol

In the world of the official who threw the flag. Didn't say I agree with it, but I've seen RTP called on plays that were much closer to being egregiously absurd. This was a bad call, but it wasn't pitchfork and torches bad IMO. The ball was away before he made contact...yes I know it was likely less than a second. I think it was called moreso for the head snap. Yes I know he didn't actually hit him IN THE HEAD. But the appearance was that he did. If it could have been reviewed, they might have overturned it...then again...

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    Bogus roughing the passer call on Bowser! Watson has the ball looking to throw...Bowser initiates tackle mode...Watson throws the ball...Ref expects Bowser to defy physics and stop in midair...damn that call pissed me off.
    it may have been a bogus call, without a doubt, but we got away with the PI in the 1st quarter that would have put the Texans up 7-0, most likely.

In the world of the official who threw the flag. Didn't say I agree with it, but I've seen RTP called on plays that were much closer to being egregiously absurd. This was a bad call, but it wasn't pitchfork and torches bad IMO. The ball was away before he made contact...yes I know it was likely less than a second. I think it was called moreso for the head snap. Yes I know he didn't actually hit him IN THE HEAD. But the appearance was that he did. If it could have been reviewed, they might have overturned it...then again...
    Yeah. I think the head snap causing the flag definitely is more credible than if he called it because he thought it was late. Too bad we can't just ask the guy.