Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Hayden Hurst's Hands

I like all three and LJ is making Boyle look like much more of a threat than Flacco did, but Hurst can get deep down the seam and do things Boyle can't.

It was a shame that Boyle had the drop on Sunday. That was a well-designed play.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    I like all three and LJ is making Boyle look like much more of a threat than Flacco did, but Hurst can get deep down the seam and do things Boyle can't.

It was a shame that Boyle had the drop on Sunday. That was a well-designed play.
    Oh there was a lot of green in front of him too. That was a major missed opportunity.
    Boyle is simply a unicorn while Hurst is old with a more common but solid skill set.

If league average is 70% get the fifth year option, I would say Hursts chances are in that range. He’s probably worth it, but not by such a margin that can’t change. Opposingly, Lamar is I’ll get his basically no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I think the Ravens will pay Andrews early and absolutely use the 5th year option on Hayden...that could put as much as 2 years in between new contracts for them...or at a minimum allow them 4 years of production at the position between the two and give ample time to draft a replacement for HH since folks seem hell bent that he won't be sticking around.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    You see what these 5th year options cost right? Many, even decent players aren’t getting them. It’s 2/3rds of a franchise tag, but you have to accept it 365 days in advance...

Hayden’s chances are almost 30(then)seem slim to my eyes... Maybe, if the intent is to let him walk and age after, get his 5 best years I suppose.

Andrews gets paid after 3 years would be my guess. Market setting contract, probably $15m/ur or more...
    Just as a reminder, LJ will be in his 5th year option the same time as Hurst. I believe LJ's will be exercised, but Hurst's won't... Bc

I would've still rather had Calvin Ridley...

Handz

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lj_era8/s...29094721900545

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Blog Entries

Maybe with Boyle over Hurst...
    technically they already paid Boyle the highest blocking TE contract. the kicker here is that Andrews will get paid before Hurst who has an extra year on his contract. He and Boyle are both going to be around the same age, but Boyle is going to come up first after this 3 year deal expires. Very well could be Boyle for another 3 over Hurst. I do still think its easier to find a solid blocking TE than all around one, and thats something that Boyle is going to have to continue to prove going forward that he really is that much better to warrant the price tag.

Ive been happy with all of their blocking so far, and you can add Ricard to that list as well.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    technically they already paid Boyle the highest blocking TE contract. the kicker here is that Andrews will get paid before Hurst who has an extra year on his contract. He and Boyle are both going to be around the same age, but Boyle is going to come up first after this 3 year deal expires. Very well could be Boyle for another 3 over Hurst. I do still think its easier to find a solid blocking TE than all around one, and thats something that Boyle is going to have to continue to prove going forward that he really is that much better to warrant the price tag.

Ive been happy with all of their blocking so far, and you can add Ricard to that list as well.
    Yeah totally disagree. I would hunk Hurst is a much easier to replace commodity than Boyle.

Yeah totally disagree. I would hunk Hurst is a much easier to replace commodity than Boyle.

He's not that easy to replace. I think you're underrating Hurst. He can block, run routes and catch. On some teams he'd be getting most of the targets we distribute among Andrews, Boyle and Ricard.

Look at how many teams lack a receiving TE as good as Hurst - eg. the rest of the AFC North where Eifert's not what he was, Njoku has too many drops and Vance is massively overrated based on one stiff arm.

People got down on him last year partly because he was injured, partly because Andrews was so good it removed receiving TE as a need and partly because he was a first round pick and fans go into a draft with their own pick firmly in mind so they hate any pick the team makes. None of which is Hurst's fault.

The Ravens got exactly what they wanted from the Hurst pick - a good all round TE.

That whole Twitter thread is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Quoth the Raven View Post
    He's not that easy to replace. I think you're underrating Hurst. He can block, run routes and catch. On some teams he'd be getting most of the targets we distribute among Andrews, Boyle and Ricard.

Look at how many teams lack a receiving TE as good as Hurst - eg. the rest of the AFC North where Eifert's not what he was, Njoku has too many drops and Vance is massively overrated based on one stiff arm.

People got down on him last year partly because he was injured, partly because Andrews was so good it removed receiving TE as a need and partly because he was a first round pick and fans go into a draft with their own pick firmly in mind so they hate any pick the team makes. None of which is Hurst's fault.

The Ravens got exactly what they wanted from the Hurst pick - a good all round TE.
    Nah, I just think most underrate Boyle. I’d like someone to suggest a plater that’s is even in his stratosphere as far as what he does. Ricard is actually probably the next closest as far as a player that can move, move bodies, catch and run after the catch.
    Blocking TE’s are usually much less gifted athleticallyZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    Handz

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lj_era8/s...29094721900545

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
    sick throw

Quote Originally Posted by Quoth the Raven View Post

Agreed, and that only makes Hurst all the more marketable than Boyle when the unavoidable scenario of I can't pay them all arrives in 3 years time.