Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Hayden Hurst's Hands

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    This time, but Andrews will reset the market at his position and Hurst will get a moderate 2-4 year deal elsewhere when his contract is up, may not even get his 5th year picked up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    remember when the Patriots paid Gronk and Hernandez (both top paid contracts)...

be prepared to be the next team to do that.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I love Andrews, but when people were talking about trading Hurst at the deadline, I felt that would be a mistake. Hes been playing really well. Its a shame that there isnt more balls to go around, because I think more people would notice.
    LOL....this team has balls to spare right now

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    remember when the Patriots paid Gronk and Hernandez (both top paid contracts)...

be prepared to be the next team to do that.
    Maybe with Boyle over Hurst...

I would like to see Hurst get more catches. The guy looks like he can fly out there, its just andrews and Jackson has a great re pore that that Hurst gets overlooked unfortunately at times.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    Who cares?
    Andrews and Hurst?

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Uli2001
    Easier for the fans, but Andrews still is paid like a 3rd-rounder and Hurst as a first.
    Wait until their next contracts and see who gets paid more... Bc

P.S. - the difference between "mentally" switching Hurst and Andrews draft rounds is that in reality Hurst has a 5th year option (which I do not think the Ravens will exercise), but Andrews does not.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Wait until their next contracts and see who gets paid more... Bc

P.S. - the difference between "mentally" switching Hurst and Andrews draft rounds is that in reality Hurst has a 5th year option (which I do not think the Ravens will exercise), but Andrews does not.
    I think the Ravens will pay Andrews early and absolutely use the 5th year option on Hayden...that could put as much as 2 years in between new contracts for them...or at a minimum allow them 4 years of production at the position between the two and give ample time to draft a replacement for HH since folks seem hell bent that he won't be sticking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I think the Ravens will pay Andrews early and absolutely use the 5th year option on Hayden...that could put as much as 2 years in between new contracts for them...or at a minimum allow them 4 years of production at the position between the two and give ample time to draft a replacement for HH since folks seem hell bent that he won't be sticking around.
    You see what these 5th year options cost right? Many, even decent players aren’t getting them. It’s 2/3rds of a franchise tag, but you have to accept it 365 days in advance...

Hayden’s chances are almost 30(then)seem slim to my eyes... Maybe, if the intent is to let him walk and age after, get his 5 best years I suppose.

Andrews gets paid after 3 years would be my guess. Market setting contract, probably $15m/ur or more...

You see what these 5th year options cost right? Many, even decent players aren’t getting them. It’s 2/3rds of a franchise tag, but you have to accept it 365 days in advance...
    About 70% of the players who had a 5th year option for 2019 had that option excercised by their teams. Decent players are getting them - it's the underperformers (Perriman, Shane Ray, Phillip Dorsett, Kevin White) who are having the option declined. The 2019 TE 5th year option (for picks 11-32) was about $5.4M. The Ravens just signed Nick Boyle to 3 yr/$18M this off-season, so I can easily see them exercising a 5th year option on Hayden Hurst in 2022 (so it will obviously be higher) if he continues along his growth track.

Blog Entries

Andrews is simple, yet effective, in the passing offense. Vertical routes in the tree, and quick outs. Hardly anything that requires more than one cut or when he can't shield a defender. Often either really short passes or long passes. If Hurst isn't there to do his share of the blocking and the route running he can do (More than Andrews), Andrews will have to do it and I don't think you'll see the same Andrews. This is what happens when you can draft a guy and allow him to do everything he does well, without often asking him to deviate.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    About 70% of the players who had a 5th year option for 2019 had that option excercised by their teams. Decent players are getting them - it's the underperformers (Perriman, Shane Ray, Phillip Dorsett, Kevin White) who are having the option declined. The 2019 TE 5th year option (for picks 11-32) was about $5.4M. The Ravens just signed Nick Boyle to 3 yr/$18M this off-season, so I can easily see them exercising a 5th year option on Hayden Hurst in 2022 (so it will obviously be higher) if he continues along his growth track.
    Hayden hurst isn’t close to the player Boyle is... I’m a fan but... this isn’t a close comparison. Maybe two more years of inflation, but that option will inflate when Andrews resets the market too.., Will likely be $7m at that point.

Hayden hurst isn’t close to the player Boyle is... I’m a fan but... this isn’t a close comparison. Maybe two more years of inflation, but that option will inflate when Andrews resets the market too.., Will likely be $7m at that point.

5.4 mil for one year is nothing. He'll get it as long as he continues playing like this.