Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Hayden Hurst's Hands

we've been saying its just not a change to have receivers that catch the ball, after crabtree and others, but also to have receivers with an actual expanded catch radius. Snead made some great snags on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that he catches everything near him and that if you leave out the KC game he has caught 18 of 19 targets?
    Thank you for pointing this out, I was thinking the same thing last night. His early outstanding catch yesterday set the tone for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Consider the 2018 draft as a whole: Suppose you shuffled the order so that the Crows took LJ with their first pick, traded up to snag Mandrews at the end of the first, & HH in the third after Zeus Jr. Better now?
    Exactly. Who cares what round if you get the performance?

Blog Entries

EDC and Roman have created, as far as I know, a new offensive system in the NFL, with these three athletic pass-catching TEs and LJ scrambling ability. This was all by design, built from the draft. It's a copy-cat league, so expect to see other teams do it. The problem is they have no LJ and I see none in the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I'd still put Hurst ahead of Goedert, he's a better blocker and Goedert's been a little shaky with the hands. But like others have implied, he's 1.5 years younger than Hurst. He'll probably end up with the better career because of more opportunity aka targets.
    I agree and I assume you mean a better career = better receiving stats. I like Goedart too but "a little shaky with the hands" is not a good thing on the resume of a TE. I think Ozzie knows TE skill sets as well as anybody and they rated Hurst as good value at 25. I'll also suggest that HH has the best hands on our roster.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I'm glad the Ravens kept him when the trade deadline came. There was talk of trading him for a pass rusher or LB. He's been solid and definitely underappreciated. His hands are so good. I was amazed at how he reached down for that one side arm pass from Lamar.
    He probably has awesome reaction time. If you think about it, he was a pitcher in baseball and they have to have pretty good reaction time to not get destroyed on line drives up the middle.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

It is so much easier and less stressful to just pretend that Andrews was taken in the first and Hayden in the third. There is nothing to complain anymore when that change is made mentally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    It is so much easier and less stressful to just pretend that Andrews was taken in the first and Hayden in the third. There is nothing to complain anymore when that change is made mentally.

And folks really should try doing that...not just with Hurst, but with anyone they feel was "drafted too high". I never seem to see much balance in the other direction with folks that were "steals". The ravens got Andrews and Zues Jr in the 3rd round that year and they are both playing and contributing like bona-fide first rounders. The angst over Hayden seems irrational to me at this point. And once again, it's short sighted to say they don't need him...what if Andrews or Boyle gets injured? he suddenly becomes really important to the offense being able to continue to operate efficiently.

Blog Entries

I love Andrews, but when people were talking about trading Hurst at the deadline, I felt that would be a mistake. Hes been playing really well. Its a shame that there isnt more balls to go around, because I think more people would notice.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    And folks really should try doing that...not just with Hurst, but with anyone they feel was "drafted too high". I never seem to see much balance in the other direction with folks that were "steals". The ravens got Andrews and Zues Jr in the 3rd round that year and they are both playing and contributing like bona-fide first rounders. The angst over Hayden seems irrational to me at this point. And once again, it's short sighted to say they don't need him...what if Andrews or Boyle gets injured? he suddenly becomes really important to the offense being able to continue to operate efficiently.
    He’s playing to a 2nd/3rd round level in my eyes... and at 3rd strong TE on our team is getting as many snaps as some teams #1...
    we would NEED him much more if one of the two ahead of him got injured, as he could fill in at either role at least relatively well, where as neither could fill in for each other at all...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

Easier for the fans, but Andrews still is paid like a 3rd-rounder and Hurst as a first.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    Easier for the fans, but Andrews still is paid like a 3rd-rounder and Hurst as a first.
    This time, but Andrews will reset the market at his position and Hurst will get a moderate 2-4 year deal elsewhere when his contract is up, may not even get his 5th year picked up...

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    Who cares?
    100%

I've never cared who got paid what...it's the least significant part of player evaluation. As much as we like to wear GM hats around here, as fans, we are not and should hardly care what these guys get paid.

And much like Boyle was a "surprise" extension for several fans around here, don't be shocked if Hurst gets kept as well when the time comes.

On other thing, I think it will be much easier in future drafts to identify TEs that will fit our offense than it has been to identify WRs in the past.