Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Hayden Hurst's Hands

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    It just has always sat weird with me that they valued HH more than Lamar at that spot. I would of much rathered miss out on a tight end than a potential franchise qb.

Literally just saw this. Havent even read it yet
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...mpression=true

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    They gambled and won. They thought they could get Lamar at 32 and they did. That whole 1st round was engineered to perfection, I truly believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    They gambled and won. They thought they could get Lamar at 32 and they did. That whole 1st round was engineered to perfection, I truly believe that.
    I'll give it to them for sure, worked great. I wouldn't have picked HH there but I'm just not picking

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
    Watched the Eagles Patriots at 4PM yesterday. I believe it was Romo who claimed that the best group was Ertz and Goedert.

I believe he is wrong but they are a special group as well.
    I'd still put Hurst ahead of Goedert, he's a better blocker and Goedert's been a little shaky with the hands. But like others have implied, he's 1.5 years younger than Hurst. He'll probably end up with the better career because of more opportunity aka targets.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I'll give it to them for sure, worked great. I wouldn't have picked HH there but I'm just not picking

I would have rather had Calvin Ridley, Ronald Jones or Will Hernandez at 25.

Time will tell but none of them are significantly better than Hayden. Jones was a flat out bust his rookie year; I'm glad he's turned things around.

As it turns out, three consecutive picks that went early round two were home runs. Nick Chubb (3rd), Darius Leonard (4th) and Braden Smith (5th).

I'm glad the Ravens kept him when the trade deadline came. There was talk of trading him for a pass rusher or LB. He's been solid and definitely underappreciated. His hands are so good. I was amazed at how he reached down for that one side arm pass from Lamar.

Time will tell but none of them are significantly better than Hayden. Jones was a flat out bust his rookie year; I'm glad he's turned things around.
    Same, I also really liked Chubb. But I can't Wait to see what this te group becomes, they all seem to gel nicely

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

I admit, I thought he would be a bust. I was praying to be wrong about it. I still think he's got less room to grow than a younger man. I want to see more of him in critical situations. However I was dead wrong about him being Bronson Kafusi 2.0

I think it was mostly because (and I still believe) Derwin James is a potential HOF FS and we both desperately needed one and he magically feel to us.

It seems to be working out for us either way though. And I'm happy to be wrong about him. He's not as good as Andrews, but LJ should have been the number one pick in the draft too....

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

As it turns out, three consecutive picks that went early round two were home runs. Nick Chubb (3rd), Darius Leonard (4th) and Braden Smith (5th).
    Maybe they were afraid that Ridley would have tipped them wanting to draft LJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    I admit, I thought he would be a bust. I was praying to be wrong about it. I still think he's got less room to grow than a younger man. I want to see more of him in critical situations. However I was dead wrong about him being Bronson Kafusi 2.0

I think it was mostly because (and I still believe) Derwin James is a potential HOF FS and we both desperately needed one and he magically feel to us.

It seems to be working out for us either way though. And I'm happy to be wrong about him. He's not as good as Andrews, but LJ should have been the number one pick in the draft too....
    And as far as safety, he's a little older but, we got Earl F'n Thomas.

No kidding.

I had a second round grade on him at the draft and so far that's what he looks like, a second round TE. I also called him the best TE in that draft and I was wrong (Mark Andrews), but he'd still be a #1 TE on a number of NFL teams.
    If Hurst was on the Patriots, he'd have stats like Andrews. We are lucky he's one of our 3 headed TE group because he fits exactly what Roman wants to do and does it damn well.

I liked him, I liked the pick. He had 1 drop in college. The TE group is the biggest strength beyond QB on this offense.

Very good player, he could certainly use more targets. But if I can trade him for a second round pick two years from now I'm doing it.

Simply because we'll be approaching cap hell and we can't pay everybody. Again, not because I think he's not good, just a reflection of relative value.