Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Re: Hayden Hurst's Hands

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    I knew when he was about the 40 no one was catching his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    No. It at all. My thing is Boyle must “show “ better in practice or Hurst would have more play if he’s truly the “best “blocker/ all around TE. Let’s be real ...Lamar makes guys who have talent show out. Hurst hasn’t shown out any more than Boyle and Boyle is/was supposed to be primary blocking TE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Boyle gets more snaps because Roman prefers a 6th OL/TE not because HH doesn’t practice well

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Thanks. Here is some other news on the speed demon TE of ours.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...et-this-season
    Holy cow!

"According to Next Gen Stats, the Ravens’ tight end hit 20.5 mph during his 61-yard touchdown in Sunday’s 24-17 win over the Buffalo Bills. It’s one of the fastest speeds any tight end in the league has clocked this season."

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Boyle gets more snaps because Roman prefers a 6th OL/TE not because HH doesn’t practice well
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    This.
    But then that squashes the narrative that “Hurst is the BEST all around TE “ we have.
    I know if I was GRO and had a guy who had “great” hands and route running AND could block as well or almost as well as Boyle...thats my starter. Period. Then I have more options from the same set.
    Teams figure when Boyle is in ...run. Andrews is in ...pass. Both in ...who knows.

If Hurst is the complete package then why isn’t he in on every snap? Opens up the playbook and defense can’t pin us down to one option.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Holy cow!

"According to Next Gen Stats, the Ravens’ tight end hit 20.5 mph during his 61-yard touchdown in Sunday’s 24-17 win over the Buffalo Bills. It’s one of the fastest speeds any tight end in the league has clocked this season."

... Bc
    What’s really shocking to me Bc is they say it was the highest speed for a Ravens offensive player this entire season.

That includes Hollywood and Boykin.

Whaaaaaaa?

Send Hurst on 9 routes all day erryday!

But then that squashes the narrative that “Hurst is the BEST all around TE “ we have.
    So you say. And yet it appears that Hurst may indeed be the best all-around TE that we have.

Also matches what we saw in the '18 pre-season, before the stress fracture.

Teams figure when Boyle is in: run. Andrews is in: pass. Both in: who knows.
    We usually have 2 TEs in on "neutral" downs.

If Hurst is the complete package then why isn’t he in on every snap?
    No one is in on every snap, except Lamar and the O-line guys. Roman rotates players and packages, keeping the defense on their toes.

I don't know why this seems complicated. Hurst looked like the best all-around TE we had, last preseason. Then he went out with the injury. While he was unavailable last season, Lamar forged the connection with Mandrews. After Hurst came back, he was still slowed with the screw in his foot, and Mandrews was playing lights-out.

Comes the new season, Mandrews is #1 on the depth chart. Because he earned it. And since then we're leading the league in points! So keep doing what you're doing. It's not as if Mandrews earned a demotion.

I have absolutely no visibility into what's been going on at practice. For all I know, Hurst's speed hadn't come all the way back thru training camp & preseason. Maybe he was "full speed" in terms of his health and participation, but actually not as fast as he had been pre-injury. Maybe it's only been in the past couplefew weeks that his speed has come "all the way back" to what it had been before.

I know I've seen some all-22 gifs this season where Hurst has been running wide-open, and Lamar has forced it to Andrews for an incomplete. But overall Lamar has been playing stellar, so there's not much point in bitching about an isolated play here & there.

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    What’s really shocking to me Bc is they say it was the highest speed for a Ravens offensive player this entire season.

That includes Hollywood and Boykin.

Whaaaaaaa?
    And Lamar!

Of course, Lamar doesn't get the luxury of running in a straight line like Hurst did on that play. Lamar is broken-field running: zig-zagging, changing speeds, making guys miss, breaking tackles etc. Never has the long runway that Hurst had. Same is probably true to a lesser extent of Marquise.

Hurst is the man and on some 3 te set plays lamar throws to andrews andrews when hurst, IMO actually has more separation

As lamar evolves AND gets more trust in Hurst, i expect hurst to be even better.

And hes critical depth as i think we are about to find out.

Blog Entries

I know if I was GRO and had a guy who had “great” hands and route running AND could block as well or almost as well as Boyle...thats my starter. Period. Then I have more options from the same set.
    Teams figure when Boyle is in ...run. Andrews is in ...pass. Both in ...who knows.

If Hurst is the complete package then why isn’t he in on every snap? Opens up the playbook and defense can’t pin us down to one option.

I get what you’re saying, but there’s something else to consider. Hurst has often played more snaps than Andrews.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I get what you’re saying, but there’s something else to consider. Hurst has often played more snaps than Andrews.
    And that’s fine but ...here we are over a year together and Hurst doesn’t have more targets than Boyle.

I’m by no way saying dump the guy. Having 3 very good TEs with this offense is a luxury that most teams don’t enjoy. I just don’t think much of the guy and still feel he’s never gonna live up to the first round pick. But you know I’m just a negative asshat ( according to some ).

Blog Entries

Hurst is one of the reasons why both Andrews and Boyle can do what they do best. Andrews is willing to block, but not great at it. Boyle has a decent pair of hands, but is not the most athletic and isn’t going to catch the vast majority of passes that aren’t put right on him. If you take Andrews and Hurst out of the equation, Boyle doesn’t get the same looks or production in the passing offense.