Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Eric DeCosta Appreciation Thread

It’s safe to say we are in good hands with EDC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    I’ll eat crow on this one. I was pissed when we signed Ingram over L. Bell. I’m so happy Ingram is a Raven. It seems like he has been here for years.
    Me too! His energy/leadership seems like something this team needed. Maybe the Bell not signing was a blessing in disguise but could you imagine how fun that would have been?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll eat crow on this one. I was pissed when we signed Ingram over L. Bell. I’m so happy Ingram is a Raven. It seems like he has been here for years.
    His press conference today cracked me up. So full of energy

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Me too! His energy/leadership seems like something this team needed. Maybe the Bell not signing was a blessing in disguise but could you imagine how fun that would have been?

He has contagious energy. One week I’ll see him with Lamar, next week he’s with the Tight Ends, next week he’s with the defensive line. He’s like the glue for our team. Not to mention, he’s a damn good running back. We are lucky to have him.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    His press conference today cracked me up. So full of energy

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Me too. He’s the ultimate hype man but a star at the same time.

Same. Thought of Ingram as a consolation prize. Was never against signing him, just wanted Bell more. Ingram has far exceeded my expectations and is definitely a total value player. Guys making four times as much as him don’t help their teams and produce as much.

Told Y'all Ingram was a great signing at that price

Also correctly predicted he'd have a better season than Le'Veon Bell.

damn I'm good.

(but EDC is way better)

EDC is making the Ravens HIS team. Smart moves. Speedy guys. Good /great draft so far. I’d even go so far as to say EDC had a little more say in the draft last year than in the past. I love the quick trigger on guys who arnt getting it done. He’s made smart trades and found FAs that “play like a Raven”.

9. Re: Eric DeCosta Appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Done.

Only move I wasn't a fan of this entire offseason was bringing in a vet to compete at ILB but he recovered very quickly with in season pickups and that Peters trade was terrific.

Getting draft picks for London and Alex Lewis was awesome as well.
    Speaking of that Lewis trade, was for a conditional 7th correct? If so, with his playing time that should turn into a 6th, correct? I can’t recall though, was that this years draft or next?

10. Re: Eric DeCosta Appreciation Thread

Also thank you to Ozzie for the 16-18 draft classes. Laying out another great foundation for us.

When the Ravens picked Lamar Jackson I received a text from Eric, asking me what I thought about the pick. I had just watched Deion Sanders interview with Lamar and came away unimpressed. I responded to Eric...

"I'm not sure about the pick. We've seen this kind of player have a short shelf-life in the NFL. And if I was in your huddle, I wouldn't even be able to understand the play call."

Eric's response was classic...

"Well, fortunately for the Baltimore Ravens you aren't in our huddle."

A couple of times this season he reminded me of that text exchange saying, "I'm never going to let you live that down."

My response, "You shouldn't. And I'll happily own that mistake."

Today a friend forwarded to me this article from Peter King. It's pretty insightful. But the way it all went down according to this article, isn't exactly as Eric described it to me. I always felt that he liked Lamar but that Ozzie liked him more and he accepted Ozzie’s position since it was his last draft as GM. Now, Ozzie will look like a genius again...the last No. 1 pick he made. He told me that there was a lot of support for Derwin James.

I do know that Eric orchestrates these trades to pick up draft capital. He’s a master at it. But he may be getting so good at it that teams might be a little leery of dealing with him. Kind of like, “what does he know that we don’t?”

But back on point, like Lamar, Eric is selfless. He accepts blame and distributes credit even if he's solely earned it.

Check out the article. I'm sure you'll all appreciate it. As fans of the Ravens, we're in really good shape with the leadership of the team. A great owner, 2 great GMs, a solid head coach who has been a master at creating a family culture and of course a once-in-a-lifetime quarterback.

LINK
    Last edited by TL24x7; 11-18-2019 at 11:18 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    EDC is making the Ravens HIS team. Smart moves. Speedy guys. Good /great draft so far. I’d even go so far as to say EDC had a little more say in the draft last year than in the past. I love the quick trigger on guys who arnt getting it done. He’s made smart trades and found FAs that “play like a Raven”.
    Lax, while he is surely making his imprint seen, LJ, Andrews, Hurst, O. Brown, and Bozeman were drafted by Ozzie... as well as Stanley and Humphrey. When the Ravens win their next Super Bowl, they will both have their DNA all over it... Bc
    Last edited by BcRaven; 11-18-2019 at 11:35 AM.