Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Eric DeCosta Appreciation Thread

He has had one hell of a first season.

- Trading for Peters who has been phenomenal.
    - Wasting no time when the young guys weren't playing well and adding Fort and Bynes on vet deals.
    - Pierce goes down adn our run D got gashed so he added Peko and Ellis who both played well today.

The draft was also really solid. Boykin has time, but Brown is making plays as a rookie which is great. Ferguson had a great game today and made plays. Powers is a future guy.

All of that without his second round pick.

I'd say that's a hell of a first season and a sign of good things to come for the franchise.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Re: Eric DeCosta Appreciated

Gm MVP

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When people are yelling MVP during the game I’m thinking I’d DeCosta

Blog Entries

Well deserved thread. I have a feeling he will tinker with the bottom of the roster depending on schedule more than we are used to

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

DeCosta signed defensive players off the scrap heap who have become real contributors. He's also not afraid to cut guys who aren't doing what they are here to do. You gotta to love the willingness to take chances.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    DeCosta signed defensive players off the scrap heap who have become real contributors. He's also not afraid to cut guys who aren't doing what they are here to do. You gotta to love the willingness to take chances.
    Yes, and it looks to me like his 3rd round pick (Jaylon Ferguson) is starting to come around. Perhaps slowly, but surely... Bc

Plus he turned Vedvik into a 5th rounder and guy isnt even in the league anymore. Decosta has been amazing. Only misstep seemed to be not nabbing a pass rusher but he was able to instead strengthen the secondary. I had my reservations about him but he has been fantastic. I love that he doesn't ever seem satisfied and is always looking to get better

Blog Entries

Love what Decosta is doing but lets not ignore what is beginning to look like a great final draft from the wizard himself

Ah fuck. Mods can you change it to Appreciation Thread.

I dont know what I was doing when I wrote that title lol
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Love what Decosta is doing but lets not ignore what is beginning to look like a great final draft from the wizard himself
    shit, it's already one of his best

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Yes, and it looks to me like his 3rd round pick (Jaylon Ferguson) is starting to come around. Perhaps slowly, but surely... Bc
    Only slowly to the unrealistic. The kid is a rookie and he's absolutely on schedule. Ferguson was my favorite Ravens pick during the draft and I'm still happy to have him

Done.

Only move I wasn't a fan of this entire offseason was bringing in a vet to compete at ILB but he recovered very quickly with in season pickups and that Peters trade was terrific.

Getting draft picks for London and Alex Lewis was awesome as well.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.